Transmission Fluid Everywhere.

OP
E

Ecologist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 (52) W210 E320 CDI
Thanks, Malcolm did suggest that too I think. I hope it was the cause. I like the car. Its the most of 'everything' I can get for my money. Power, economy, and comfort. I don't know of anything else similar. In a year or two when I have done with this, I simply don't know what I'll get, doubt ill have the money for a post 07 plate version.

OP
E

Ecologist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 (52) W210 E320 CDI
Well after taking her for a spin I can honestly say the gearbox is noticeably better for the fluid and filter change. A bit smoother and two other things I really noticed; its more eager to drop a gear when I'm rolling down hill with foot off accelerator (around town at about 40ish), so i dont have to use the brake so much, and; when approaching a steep hill in town, before it would roll up in fourth with not much change in pace as you put your foot down, then violently change to 2nd and speed off. Now it seems to calmly change to 3rd and make progress normally. I always assumed that was my lack of finesse.

See I've had a 320cdi in the past and the drivetrain was faultless (replaced the majority of front suspension components over time, that was all!), I had the tranny fluid and filter changed shortly after I bought it. So I never really thought about what the gearbox was doing with that one, it was always smooth.

So its back working, fuel flowing normally, gearbox working better :p Hope it lasts and thanks for your help.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A nice ending, you cannot have better than that.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom