Tyre pressure warning

derrick thomson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 250 and 06 2,2 viano
Tyre pressure warning keeps coming up on dash but no flat tyres any thoughts before I start searching 2011 c class estate w 204 any help would e great thanks in advance

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Is the TPMS warning a new thing or has it always been there? This is always on on our SL, simply because the previous owner never bothered to install the sensors in the wheels. Don't know if the system is the same on the 204, but if it is i'd, be getting the sensors checked, battery life on these is limited.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
No new problem are the sensors inside the tyre ?
What system do you have?
There's a direct system with pressure, temperature sensors in each valve that tells you the pressure 8n each tyre.
And indirect that uses the ABS to look for a wheel that's going a little faster than the others & tells you you've got a soft tyre .... go & look for it.

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Tyre pressure warning keeps coming up on dash but no flat tyres any thoughts before I start searching 2011 c class estate w 204 any help would e great thanks in advance
If they are the original TPMS sensors on your 11 year old car then it is time to replace all 4 of them, as the batteries are not replaceable

PS: My old 2011 W204 Estate definitely had TPMS.

Last edited:

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I think a 2011 car will have the passive system which just relies on the wheel speed sensors (on the basis that under-inflated tyres rotate at a different speed to the others). Firstly, I would check all tyre pressures are correct and then reset the TPMS system. You can do that through one of the menus on the Speedo screen. You then need to drive the car for a couple of miles until the system “learns” the new wheel speeds and recognises them as normal.

If it is a wheel speed sensor, then you should also be getting ABS and Traction Control messages so it maybe that the system just needs resetting.

OP
D

derrick thomson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 250 and 06 2,2 viano
What system do you have?
There's a direct system with pressure, temperature sensors in each valve that tells you the pressure 8n each tyre.
And indirect that uses the ABS to look for a wheel that's going a little faster than the others & tells you you've got a soft tyre .... go & look for it.
I think I must have the ones that work off tha abs sensor as my wheels have standard valves I will have to find out which one is faulty thanks to all for the help much appreciated

OP
D

derrick thomson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 250 and 06 2,2 viano
I think a 2011 car will have the passive system which just relies on the wheel speed sensors (on the basis that under-inflated tyres rotate at a different speed to the others). Firstly, I would check all tyre pressures are correct and then reset the TPMS system. You can do that through one of the menus on the Speedo screen. You then need to drive the car for a couple of miles until the system “learns” the new wheel speeds and recognises them as normal.

If it is a wheel speed sensor, then you should also be getting ABS and Traction Control messages so it maybe that the system just needs resetting.
I have reset couple of times on the controls on the steering wheel but still comes back to a fault after a few miles there is no abs or traction fault on dash

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I have reset couple of times on the controls on the steering wheel but still comes back to a fault after a few miles there is no abs or traction fault on dash
And have you checked the pressures?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Does your dash show the pressure of each tyre - active.
If I got a low pressure warning, it implies I should check the tyre pressures.

OP
D

derrick thomson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 250 and 06 2,2 viano
Does your dash show the pressure of each tyre - active.
If I got a low pressure warning, it implies I should check the tyre pressures.
No doesn’t give individual tyres just warning low tyre pressure you have to check all tyres to find flat one

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
so you've checked the tyre pressures, & you've reset the warning on the dash cluster?

I had the tyre pressure warning up on my car shortly after new tyres were fitted, all were correct & I reset the thing umpteen times. Throughout though, there had been slight vibration in the car that I'd assumed was something other than wheel balancing because they'd all just been done.
Had all wheels rebalanced elsewhere ..... and the tyre pressure warnings were sorted. Who knew balancing could affect the ABS/TPMS?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's

I have had a few W204's that flag up a tyre pressure warning
After driving it down the road and comparing wheels speeds, one of the sensors gets "lazy" and reports a slightly slower speed than the others (after sanity checking wheel/tyre size).

Could be a sensor without any other symptoms

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Just a thought, I've had tyre pressure warnings before on my old CLK, same system as yours, it would appear that although the front and rear tyres have different pressures, the system would report a problem as the tyres heated up if the front and rears were outwith the recognised limits. Make sure they are exactly at the recomended PSI and see how it goes.

OP
D

derrick thomson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 250 and 06 2,2 viano
I have had a few W204's that flag up a tyre pressure warning
After driving it down the road and comparing wheels speeds, one of the sensors gets "lazy" and reports a slightly slower speed than the others (after sanity checking wheel/tyre size).

Could be a sensor without any other symptoms
Looks like you could be on the right track have checked all tyres set them at pressures they should be reset warning on dash went for a drive took 22 miles before warning came up stopped car and checked tyre pressures al still the same need to get hold of code reader I think

fasihkhan8

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 2011 C250 CDI Sports AMG
Hi, I am facing the same problem on my w204 2011 C250 CDI blue efficiency Sports. The problem started occuring after I changed a wheel bearing on a front passenger side wheel. I have posted a same thing on Facebook and a guy told me that reluctor ring is absolutely nackered. Havent rectified it Yet.

OP
D

derrick thomson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 250 and 06 2,2 viano
Hi, I am facing the same problem on my w204 2011 C250 CDI blue efficiency Sports. The problem started occuring after I changed a wheel bearing on a front passenger side wheel. I have posted a same thing on Facebook and a guy told me that reluctor ring is absolutely nackered. Havent rectified it Yet.
I
I finally got mine sorted by changing the abs pick up rings on front drives

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom