Uninsured Drivers?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
In my old working life we would receive a lorry load of stuff and be asked to sign for it, I always instructed the additional "delivery content unverified" comment be added if this was the case. Drivers hated it!
You know what the alternative suggestion was!

First bit of training I ever got: "UNINSPECTED!"

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
We sometimes get that with our customers, thankfully very, very rarely. Our policy is, ignore comment, you have signed for it, meaning an acceptance. Why sign if you don't accept the condition of the delivery, by signing that is exactly what you are doing. No signature then no delivery. I don't think the non acceptance of condition would stand up in court should push come to shove.

The best option is to talk about it and replace the goods if they are not acceptable in the condition they were offered in an amicable way. Obviously our policy does have caveats in as much as a signature is concerned, it does depend who the customer is IE their importance to us. I mean by that for certain customers we would deliver without a signature because we have a close relationship with them and we know how they work. Please understand this is a very, very rare occasion :rolleyes:

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Why sign if you don't accept the condition of the delivery, by signing that is exactly what you are doing. No signature then no delivery.

I'm always happy to sign with "not checked" or to have the delivery man wait while I check it.
They havent got time to wait but expect it to be signed as checked.
What if a laptop was signed for and when opened it was an old yellow pages?
The signature is just acceptance of delivery of an item, as long as it's not signed as checked and I'm sure it would hold up in court.
The court may rule there's no proof of an incorrect (fraudulent) item in the package but that's a different issue.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
A buyer will not be deemed to have (legally) accepted the goods until he has had a reasonable opportunity of examining them to ascertain whether they conform to the contract or, if the sale is by sample, by comparing the bulk with the sample. So, a buyer who signs for delivery of goods will not, necessarily, lose the right to reject them as faulty until he has had a reasonable opportunity of examining them, regardless of anything that might be written on the delivery note.

C&P

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Simple. The Battle of the Forms. Whenever I’ve been a buyer in charge of procuring goods, the important stuff is bought on frame contracts in which my t’s & c’s take precedence over those of the seller. So an UNINSPECTED comment on the delivery note is absolutely admissible that while receipt of a delivery has been acknowledged, the delivery itself has not yet been accepted.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Its based in common sense, how do you know what you have until you examine it ?
signing for a box is just that until you open it and see whats inside.
Imagine ordering an expensive Lap Top and finding out you have been sent the lower model then some smart alec from the supplier telling you tough its yours you signed for it.

Top Bottom