V8 engine sound

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Why not use a metal reed Malcolm? There are steam organs and burning gas organs built as novel and excting new ventures in their time, about 100 years ago. Also note that you dont find a reed in all organ pipes, some of them are whistles.

I myself prefer a silent aproach it attracts much less attention.

Yes, thats reminded that I saw one at the St Albans Organ museum

nubbin

Reaction score
Darren

I'm off to JP Exhausts in Macclesfield fairly soon to get the middle boxes removed. JP think the back boxes are straight through anyway, so I'm leaving those. Also, the 4 x 400 cell cats will stifle any engine noise! I'd like to replace them with 200 cell cats, but at £450 a throw it's a lot of money - maybe I'll do two at a time! I'll let you know either here or on Pistonheads what it sounds like!

Nubbin

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
At the M5 meet I went too at the weekend there was some debate as to which exhaust to replace the OEM one with. 2 types were there, the Tubi Rumore plus at 1800 quid, or the H&S backboxes at 500ish quid. Both are not much louder at idle, but when woken up, the Tubi is angry, Ferrari like with a wail, and the H&S is more old skool V8. I'd worry with either being boomy on the motorway, but I'm told they are not really. Hmmm, I'm also not convinced that after having bought a stealth weapon like an M5, you should spoil the effect by announcing what it is you're packing. I can't decide. If I want noise I just take the griff. That sounds like it is gargling with petrol at idle, and destroying itself at 6k rpm. Nice!

stats007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking
Eisenmann make some very nice exhausts for M5s and SL500s.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom