Vito 113 1999 2.0 engine number location

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Vito 113 2.0 Petrol 1999
Hi there, I have a 1999 Vito Camper van. I've just discovered it might have a different engine to what the paperwork suggests. I found out when I purchased the incorrect oil cooler for it!!! Ouch!! I'm trying to find the engine number on the engine to give me a fighting chance of sorting this mess out. Anybody here know much about these models. I've take a couple of pics - one of the whole engine bay from the top and a close of of some stamped numbering\lettering. Any tips greatfully received

Attachments

• Camper engine 2.jpg
    Camper engine 2.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Camper engine.jpg
    Camper engine.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 8

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
The numbers in picture 1 are casting numbers. The engine serial numbers is usually stamped on the top of the engine block either facing to the front of the vehicle or looking down round the back of the engine block flywheel end .
Look in your v5 registration form the first set of numbers M for petrol/ OM for diesel then put the first letter/s plus3 set of numbers in a search engine for engine number location.
If you have the owners manual it should show you the engine number location.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Vito 113 2.0 Petrol 1999
The numbers in picture 1 are casting numbers. The engine serial numbers is usually stamped on the top of the engine block either facing to the front of the vehicle or looking down round the back of the engine block flywheel end .
Look in your v5 registration form the first set of numbers M for petrol/ OM for diesel then put the first letter/s plus3 set of numbers in a search engine for engine number location.
If you have the owners manual it should show you the engine number location.
Hi advice much appreciated. It doesn't appear in the manual I'm afraid but I will triple check and then try your other suggestions. Have a good weekend

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom