w123 front seats

Mister Millions

Reaction score
does anybody know where i could find some new front seats...
my interior is cream (light beige) and i think its leather.
I have only had the car a week and not really sure where to start looking. Is it still possible to buy these seats from MB.
Cheers
Mister Millions....:?:

squealinneil

Reaction score
Why do you need new seats?

To buy an entire new seat from MB would be a silly amount of money, you might just need a bit replaced. Very rare to find leather in a W123, MB Tex much more common. Try checking here for vehicle spec http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

nicky

Banned
Reaction score
Mister Millions said:
does anybody know where i could find some new front seats...
my interior is cream (light beige) and i think its leather.
I have only had the car a week and not really sure where to start looking. Is it still possible to buy these seats from MB.
Cheers
Mister Millions....:?:

You think its leather??????????? Why cant you tell what type of material your seats are made of...

andy_k

Reaction score
Website
www.ak3dgfx.com
Your Mercedes
E55 AMG
nicky said:
You think its leather??????????? Why cant you tell what type of material your seats are made of...

because on a 25 to 30 year old car it's hard to tell whether it's MB tex or leather unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

I don't think it's unreasonable not to know especially if you are a new owner.

welcome to the forums Mister Millions and check out the listof options on your car as suggested at the above link

Andy

simon morgan

Reaction score
I have just input my VIN number into this site http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng but it tells me it requires 17 digits, not the 16 I have on my registration doc. I know the code is correct as I was able to order a body part from the local MB by using it. Any suggestions?

squealinneil

Reaction score
Any MB dealer should be able to run a spec check for you. Either go in or call your local dealer at a quiet time, give them the VIN & ask them to print out the info. I'd be interested to know how many thousands they're asking for a complete, new, leather seat.

If you can post a picture up here someone will identify them.

Still curious, why do you need new seats?

TimN

Reaction score
My old 240TD had a leather interior lovelly smell when it was new. It was however ordered in Dubai in 1980 and so came with a higher spec. Unfortunately, it complete with it's leather interior went down the scrappies some 5 years ago.

No doubt you can get a good condition vehicle for the price of one seat never mind 2.

squealinneil

Reaction score
I was offered a lovely dark brown leather interior for myW123 230E about a year ago for £400. Turned it down because the car is Havana brown and with a dark brown interior - well it's just too much brown in one place all at the same time.

OP
M

Mister Millions

Reaction score
nicky said:

Because im a vego...;)

OP
M

Mister Millions

Reaction score
squealinneil said:
Any MB dealer should be able to run a spec check for you. Either go in or call your local dealer at a quiet time, give them the VIN & ask them to print out the info. I'd be interested to know how many thousands they're asking for a complete, new, leather seat.

If you can post a picture up here someone will identify them.

Still curious, why do you need new seats?

My seats have had it.. and im a creature of comfort. They bascically have no support anymore in the base. Im sure it will work out cheaper to get them repaired, just would like to know all my options first. The rest of my interior is as new .. i would like it all to be that way.
Cheers

Last edited:
OP
M

Mister Millions

Reaction score
squealinneil said:
Why do you need new seats?

To buy an entire new seat from MB would be a silly amount of money, you might just need a bit replaced. Very rare to find leather in a W123, MB Tex much more common. Try checking here for vehicle spec http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

i looked it up and i have

Interior tex-leather quartz (155)
Paint
877 blue green metallic (? 01.01.1979 ?? 31.12.1990, ? 1994

(not a bad combo)

Thats was great to see the original spec.

What is tex-leather

regards

mister millions

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
If the cover material is ok, then why not change the springs and pad?

I did on my W124, and it made a world of difference to the comfort of the seat.

Mind you, I replaced the covers as well, and that cost a fortune, as far as I can remember the spring box and pad were not too bad.

Good Luck,

Richard

OP
M

Mister Millions

Reaction score
Richard Moakes said:
If the cover material is ok, then why not change the springs and pad?

I did on my W124, and it made a world of difference to the comfort of the seat.

Mind you, I replaced the covers as well, and that cost a fortune, as far as I can remember the spring box and pad were not too bad.

Good Luck,

Richard

that sounds the go.. the passenger seat sinks to much but the cover is fine..Cheers

Twick

Reaction score
Also a new boy

Just acquired a 1984 W123 280CE.

Have just used VIN id link to find out about spec / options on my car only to find my interior is UNKNOWN CODE (255).

I am pretty sure it is leather rather than MB Tex and is a beige / cream colour.

Anyone any idea over code 255?

Also, does anyone have any recommendtaions for a Valet firm in the Bristol area. The leather needs a clean and condition (I am too lazy for DIY).

Thanks

squealinneil

Reaction score
Mr Millions,

There's somebody advertising 2 as new W123 front seat bases in the MB Gazette Spares Register section for £35.00.

If you don't subscribe pm me and I'll find his phone #.

OP
M

Mister Millions

Reaction score
squealinneil said:
Mr Millions,

There's somebody advertising 2 as new W123 front seat bases in the MB Gazette Spares Register section for £35.00.

If you don't subscribe pm me and I'll find his phone #.
sounds great .. could you get me the number. my email addres is chuck_wenk@yahoo.com
Thank you for the help

jkmbenz

Registered
Reaction score
Try Damas, Clowne Rd Garage, Stanfree, Nr Chesterfield S44 6AG
Tel 01246 822939

He buys all the old stock he can get his hands on from MB dealers in the north and midlands. I got two cloth trim seats for my 1984 TE. You have to be persistant but I have seen his storage areas and they are full of goodies. He is also very very knowledgable.

Regards

andy_k

Reaction score
Website
www.ak3dgfx.com
Your Mercedes
E55 AMG
Twick said:
Just acquired a 1984 W123 280CE.

Have just used VIN id link to find out about spec / options on my car only to find my interior is UNKNOWN CODE (255).

I am pretty sure it is leather rather than MB Tex and is a beige / cream colour.

Anyone any idea over code 255?

Also, does anyone have any recommendtaions for a Valet firm in the Bristol area. The leather needs a clean and condition (I am too lazy for DIY).

Thanks

as has been said earlier, leather is quite rare in a W123 Tex is far more common (and virtually indistinguishable from the "real thing").

255 is the colour code of the interior - I think it's mushroom which would match your description of the colour

HTH

Andy

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom