W124 108K Service - Service Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
As the latest owner of a 300E W124 (M103) with 108K miles on it, I notice that the garage I bought it from has done a 'cheap' oil change service at 108K.

If I remember rightly, 54K and 108K are biggies, so what is likely to have been missed out?

I am handy with a spanner, and not afraid of getting my hands dirty, so any clues as to what to do, apart from the usual brakes, filters, plugs etc.. would be appreciated.

Richard

dave elcome

Reaction score
W124 108K Service

Richard.

Yes you are right, 108k is a biggy, and what a coincidence, i too bought mine at 108k. Fortunately the previous owner had had this service carried out at the local MB dealer, then sold it 800 miles later!! how odd.

One of the most important things,  that i can only assume will have been ommited on a "cheap" service, will be the auto box fluid, and filter change, this is required at multiples of 36k on ours, so "should" have been done at the last service, but somehow i doubt it!!.

There has been much discussion on the tech forum recently, about what constitutes good oil, i would urge you to read these before deciding what oils to use.

Take heed of what Andy Gayle has to say, he's been working on Merc's since God was a boy, (sorry Andy, makes up for all the caravan jokes!!).

Hope this is of some use.

David S

Reaction score
W124 108K Service

This is the biggy. When I bought my W124 E280 with the 105, 000, I should have got a better discount! The 108K service costs a fortune with all the parts, new pads, two discs... and I took it to a specilaist. :(

Richard, if you have the original service book it will tell you (at the back) what work should have been done at 108K.

One lesson I learn't: whilst getting this years MOT done which coincided with the 117K oil service, besides the oil and filter, the safety checks for the oil service are covered by the MOT. Saved a little bit of cash with oil & filter change + MOT.

Regards

David S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom