W124 200 carburettor sometimes hard to start when hot

Fessel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 W123 200E and 1987 W124 200T
That's a bit of a bu##er Robbomerc.....but weird things seem to happen these days with no logical explanation, take car sales here
I decided that I'd sell my 87' 200T as its a manual and with my left knee playing up again decided to sell it and get an auto, I'm ok with the other classics. Put it up for sale or exchange, As everything is perfect (including self levelling rear), unmarked interior, no rust and another 15 months NCT and taxed for another 5 months, but paintwork just a bit shabby in 2 places, I tried it at just €5.5K. Reduced it to €3750 after 2 weeks and not a single enquiry, message, phone call or email. Took the ad down and decided to hang on to it.
Fessel

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Fessel good for you .I was told by one chap that wanted to buy my W124 he said i checked this site ---look - We Buy Any Car .com say £650 .I said go and #### of . I said i have that much in spare parts in my garage for that .lol

OP
robbomerc

robbomerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200 and W124 E200
Not heard from the buyer , but he seemed confident there was someone in the North East who could fix it. For me it has put me off old Mercedes Benz cars for ever . Will be looking for a W212 in the near future .

Fessel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 W123 200E and 1987 W124 200T
Not heard from the buyer , but he seemed confident there was someone in the North East who could fix it. For me it has put me off old Mercedes Benz cars for ever . Will be looking for a W212 in the near future .

Don't let a messer put you off older Mercs. At least by keeping them on the road we are not adding to the modern 'look-a-like' brigade. When I take my everyday car to Lidls or similar shopping it is just one car among many other Yaris's. Take one of the Mercs and inevitably someone will remark on it...always nicely as well ;o)
Fess.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom