W140 600sel Suspension Leak

LAWTONC

Reaction score
Apparently(?) got a small leak from passenger rear self levelling suspension. one garage would not touch it as they said 'nightmare with pipe sizes'. Any good garages in Worcester area that could help. Prefer to avoid merc main dealer obviously!

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Take it to a citroen independent mechanic, they aren't afraid of hydraulics like most mechanics.

Depends on where the leak is really? did they say?

OP
L

LAWTONC

Reaction score
Take it to a citroen independent mechanic, they aren't afraid of hydraulics like most mechanics.

Depends on where the leak is really? did they say?

LEAK SEEMS TO BE FROM PIPE/VLAVE CONNECTION. WAS ORIGINALLY CONFUSED WITH THE BRAKES!

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Well as long as it isn't the valve, then it probably isn't too difficult for someone to sort out, if and only if they know about the hydraulic suspension.

It can be an issue finding someone though, my usually excellent independant mercedes garage would not touch it at all, they wanted to rip it out of my SL and fit conventional springs and shocks. Yet plenty of internet research later, I was able to sort out the problem I had with my suspension myself.

Its going to come down to ringing around I reckon, but I still think if its a simple pipe union leak, then a citroen man is probably your best bet. Just make sure he doesn't use citroen fluid and gets some ZH-M fluid from a dealer or GSF.

Good Luck,

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do find a Citreon indie first and ask, it must be the best way to go

r129co

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
r129.co
Your Mercedes
R129 SL500
I have some used self levelling parts...maybe I can help but jib is your man for advice. Carl

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom