W164 Machine gun!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
3 hours provided nothing else is found I guess...

OP
S

StevieBox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164 Ml 320 CDi
Replacing the chain can be done with the transfer box in situ, and I'd reckon two to three hours doing it that way. A little longer if you are going to remove the transfer box and do it on the bench. If you have ANY sign of oil leaking out between the main gearbox and the transfer box you will want to remove the transfer box and replace the input seal. The oil leak manifests itself all over the lower mounting. I think half the time the chain problem is caused by low oil level.

Is this something you can do for me?
I'm assuming from your knowledge you are a technician. I'm definitely not!

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
The oil leak manifests itself all over the lower mounting. I think half the time the chain problem is caused by low oil level.
I look forward to the day we have a dipstick/sensor to check the oil level in the transfer box.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Absolute pleasure Steve! You are always welcome to drop in for a cuppa anytime you are passing. :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom