W164 possible gearbox problem

Mark77

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164 320cdi 4matic
Hi guys,
My w164 from 2006, has just passed one more EUKONTROLL in Norway today. The car went today to replace 2 xenon lights that I couldn’t fit, and check if the poor lighting was due to old xenon lights. It turned out it was, and I got the inspection certificate that was pending until I had that fixed. So to change the lights the shop took 1 hour and 30 minutes. And when they returned the car to me, I noticed something odd and different about the car every time it downshifted. It feels like when driving slow in 2nd gear, if the car needs to go to first gear, I feel a strong gear change that I never felt before. It has always shifted very smoothly between any gear, up shifting and downshifting. Today I find the car so different from before, and coincidence or not, the car was inside the shop for 90 minutes to change 2 lights…
Any suggestions? What can it be? Is it easy to fix? Do you think I just got tricked?
BR,
Markus

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
The mechanic who drove the car while at the shop may have some explanations.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom