W169 A150 – interior light cluster – problem

AndrewCS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class W169 A150 manual 2006 - 55k
Greetings,

I recently bought a 2006 A150 and the courtesy light / interior light cluster isn't working. I took the unit out the roof panel and checked the two bulbs with a volt meter and they are good. I can't find information regarding which fuse it is for this.

TIA for any input on this

Regards

Andy

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Welcome, I assume there is no voltage on the cable which connects to the light assembly?
Pull the fuses one at a time check the fuses, also check for voltage on the fuse holder.
one of the fuses will be live with the ignition off, that’s the one you are after.

OP
A

AndrewCS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome, I assume there is no voltage on the cable which connects to the light assembly?
Pull the fuses one at a time check the fuses, also check for voltage on the fuse holder.
one of the fuses will be live with the ignition off, that’s the one you are after.

Thanks for your reply. Quite a job to pull every fuse, was hoping someone would know which fuse it is, even an indication of what amp fuse would narrow it down. Cheers. Andy

OP
A

AndrewCS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now solved

Thanks again for replying to those that did.

I took the car to my friend that has a diagnostics tool and it came back everything clear. I took the overhead light cluster unit out and took it apart, inside is a PCB with quite a few ICs. I decided to take a chance and ordered a 2nd hand unit on eBay (made sure same part number) and it works.

Thanks again for your responses.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
.........inside is a PCB with quite a few ICs. I decided to take a chance and ordered a 2nd hand unit on eBay (made sure same part number) and it works.
Please put up a picture of this PCB. Many thanks.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
As a side you dont need to pull fuses to test. They have metal points at the tops to put your continuity probes on.

Glad you are sorted.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom