W203, Service B -> A?

bitonw

Reaction score
Website
www.bit4net.com
Hi,

Since Yesterday (well I just flipt through the menu) I found out that my service changed from Service B to Service A.

Is this normal? Does any body had this before? Or is this the intelligent (computer) of the vehicle?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Have you done a lot of miles in a short space of time?

The only thing I can think of (wild guess) is that after your last A service it expected you to take some time to get to the next, B, service. But if you've done an unexpectedly high mileage then it thinks A would be OK again??

OP
bitonw

bitonw

Reaction score
Website
www.bit4net.com
Well the last service (before I bought the car in June 2k6) was a B Service according the Service Book. When the sales man checked it the display was on next service a B Service. I do commute every day 106 Miles, not that much.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
That's a bit odd - the services ahoudl aternate, so if the last one was a B then it should start out asking for an A.
As jberks says (and happened to me) it will flip from an A to B if the mileage is mounting up - mine went to about 16000 miles and then changed to B. I gather that's normal for motorway mileage type use.

Some dealers seem happy to use ASSYST as a guide - although mine was calling for a B, it only flipped over a few days before I took it in having booked an A service which they did without a problem.
There was no suggestion of any warranty issues etc.

OP
bitonw

bitonw

Reaction score
Website
www.bit4net.com
According the mechanic I spoke Yesterday this is normal. The computer of the car is checking many options an makes the choise for an A Service or B Service.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom