W204 battery location

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class W204 2008 2 litre
Hi,

I am trying to determine the age of my battery in my W204, and I wish to do this by looking at it and seeing if there is any date info on it. Problem is - I can't find the battery! I've researched on the Internet as to where it may be and the place I am told it is in, under a black plastic cover near the passenger A-pillar, it is not there! If someone can tell me another location, and how to access the battery, please let me know. It may be in the boot or under the rear seat. The W204 is a 2008 C220 CDi.

Thanks in advance.

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
As you look in the engine compartment it’s in the top right hand corner under a plastic cover which holds the pollen filter. The cover has 3 clips on it .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Hi,

I am trying to determine the age of my battery in my W204, and I wish to do this by looking at it and seeing if there is any date info on it. Problem is - I can't find the battery! I've researched on the Internet as to where it may be and the place I am told it is in, under a black plastic cover near the passenger A-pillar, it is not there! If someone can tell me another location, and how to access the battery, please let me know. It may be in the boot or under the rear seat. The W204 is a 2008 C220 CDi.

Thanks in advance.
Which battery, the one in the engine bay is the stop/start ECO I think, the one in the boot, is the larger "everything else" battery.

OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Which battery, the one in the engine bay is the stop/start ECO I think, the one in the boot, is the larger "everything else" battery.
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. It was the main battery, i.e. the larger one, I was trying to find. I found it - it was in the boot.

I know the answer to this question, but I need to rant - why do they make it so difficult??? Even the replacing of the battery is unnecessarily complicated.

By the way, for those reading this - Halfords will test the health of your battery for free. At Halfords, the member of staff that assisted me tested the battery and determined my battery was very healthy (given it was made in 2007!). So, I am thinking there the cause of my problem is the battery or batteries connected to the alarm siren. I am going to replace the alarm siren.

Also, even though I did not need a replacement battery, Halfords do not stock the battery my car needs. So, before you go to them, make sure they have what you are looking.

Hopefully the above will be useful to someone.

OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As you look in the engine compartment it’s in the top right hand corner under a plastic cover which holds the pollen filter. The cover has 3 clips on it .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, didn't see your reply there. Please see the other reply I posted. Thanks for the advice though. I checked there and it is not there. Frustratingly, it is in the boot.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I wouldn't go to Halfords for a battery ;)
If you think access to a battery in the boot is unnecessarily complicated, try accessing a battery under the driver's seat ;)
Rover put the P5s battery in the boot ... so it's not exactly a new concept.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. It was the main battery, i.e. the larger one, I was trying to find. I found it - it was in the boot.

I know the answer to this question, but I need to rant - why do they make it so difficult??? Even the replacing of the battery is unnecessarily complicated.

By the way, for those reading this - Halfords will test the health of your battery for free. At Halfords, the member of staff that assisted me tested the battery and determined my battery was very healthy (given it was made in 2007!). So, I am thinking there the cause of my problem is the battery or batteries connected to the alarm siren. I am going to replace the alarm siren.

Also, even though I did not need a replacement battery, Halfords do not stock the battery my car needs. So, before you go to them, make sure they have what you are looking.

Hopefully the above will be useful to someone.
Happy to be of some help. Mine was from 2013, I ran a voltmeter on it, to determine that it was due for a replacement, I was getting gearbox issues, so I thought worth replacing.
I ended up go to 'https://www.tayna.co.uk/' and picked up a 'EK950 Exide Start-Stop AGM Car Battery 95Ah 017', which was a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I now have another problem. I took the wheel arch lining off on the front driver's side (UK car) (so on the right-hand side as one looks forward out of the car), and there is no sign of the siren. I am considering going taking off the front passenger side wheel arch lining to find it there, but I do not want to do that and then discover it is not there - any ideas?

OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry, should have said - I am trying to stop the siren from going off randomly (which it is). I am trying to find it to see if it needs replacing. The main battery is fine.

OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Found it. It was under the front wheel arch lining on the passenger side (RHD car). I just took the alarm siren out. The car is 15 years old and when I am selling it I will tell any potential purchaser that the alarm needs fixing. I live in a relatively secure area and, in any event, no one will be able to tell if my car has no alarm.

OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom