W204 crank no start after accident no airbags deployed

shastry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c180 cgi
Hi all I am hoping to get some advice and direction on the problem I'm having with my car, I recently met an accident with my 2007 w204 c180 cgi the car flipped on its roof the front driver side wheel took all the impact the engine bay has not being damaged in any way, the car cranks but not start, no airbags was deployed, I am no technician and because of financial strains I have to do it my self can any one advice what I can check for to get the car started, I have check the sam module in the engine bay so far please help any one

OP
S

shastry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c180 cgi
Hi all I am hoping to get some advice and direction on the problem I'm having with my car, I recently met an accident with my 2007 w204 c180 cgi the car flipped on its roof the front driver side wheel took all the impact the engine bay has not being damaged in any way, the car cranks but not start, no airbags was deployed, I am no technician and because of financial strains I have to do it my self can any one advice what I can check for to get the car started, I have check the sam module in the engine bay so far please help any one

OP
S

shastry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c180 cgi

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Fuel shut off switch would be my first port of call. Bound to have tripped.

Reactions: DSK

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
The car flipped on roof - hope you are ok.

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Some do, some don't. Worth double checking.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Test that fuel is actually being pumped to the engine bay. (Loosen a connection at the fuel filter to test).
Most cars have an automatic fuel pump trip to ensure that the electric fuel pump stops pushing fuel to the engine bay in the event of an accident.

OP
S

shastry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c180 cgi
Test that fuel is actually being pumped to the engine bay. (Loosen a connection at the fuel filter to test).
Most cars have an automatic fuel pump trip to ensure that the electric fuel pump stops pushing fuel to the engine bay in the event of an accident.
The pump doesn't turn on when I turn the ignition on, I physically felt the pump to feel for any signs of vibrations, I have contacted a guy with a obd scanner mercedes spec to diagnose the car

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
The pump doesn't turn on when I turn the ignition on, I physically felt the pump to feel for any signs of vibrations, I have contacted a guy with a obd scanner mercedes spec to diagnose the car
Good idea with the scanner.
On some cars the fuel pump has a controller located under the rear seat, same side as the filler cap, which powers the pump but is also has a CAN bus link to the engine management system.
It will only turn on the pump if it gets a specific message to do so over the CAN bus.

OP
S

shastry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c180 cgi
Good idea with the scanner.
On some cars the fuel pump has a controller located under the rear seat, same side as the filler cap, which powers the pump but is also has a CAN bus link to the engine management system.
It will only turn on the pump if it gets a specific message to do so over the CAN bus.
Yes it has a module under the rear seat next to the fuel filter, that's why I need to scan the car to pin point the problem

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom