Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Hi All,

Been doing a lot of these lately!

Symptoms.
Key turns but no ignition lights
Steering is locked on with key in ignition
Steering lock is OFF with no key in ignition
Battery has become low and the lock has not come back on when key is removed.
Low Voltage has damaged the steering lock processors.

Models affected.
W204 C Class 2007-2009
W212 E Class 2009-2010
Also, many more models released after 2005

Things to check.
Do you have 2 keys?
Is the battery charged and at a good voltage?

What does the dealer say??
Most dealers will say it's either Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS) or Electronic Steering Lock (ESL) fault, some will insist on changing both units, and maybe the keys depending on condition. If the lock is locked on, some will insist on replacing the complete steering column!

Solutions.
Replace steering lock..
Rebuild steering lock with new hardware inside ( if it is in the off position with no fatal errors logged on the processor inside)
If your car is in a garage, we can rebuild yours or supply a new ESL ( we will need the EIS posting to us with key)

We can replace your steering lock on site, if possible on the same day you have a problem.

Rebuilt ESL come with a 3 month warranty, and a new ESL comes with 12 months.

If I can help, give me a call!

Mark
07858 811 850 or 07563 014634

NOTE - Please contact the numbers above, Ben will not answer questions on this subject! Thanks

Barrie2985

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class w212
Hi mark
Having this problem
Doors open engine starts no cluster lights or speedo complete blackout on dash only happens in a morning and usually lights back up after around 30 mins any ideas thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi mark
Having this problem
Doors open engine starts no cluster lights or speedo complete blackout on dash only happens in a morning and usually lights back up after around 30 mins any ideas thanks

can you make a key for 2008 c220 cdi?

thanks

Best to send an Email to Mark

Marcus1212

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 180 komp saloon sport
Join the club..

my steering lock has gone too.doors unlock fine etc radio is fine, battery tip top. Recently serviced and bang crash im towed into to mercedes who report to me
It needs
1 x steeering lock £243
1 x coding key £170
Labour and code £ 420

Plus vat

total including vat £999

Do i have any comeback on this with mercedes or is it simply tough lock.
The vehicle is c class 2009 75k on the clock full mercedes service histroy and the extended warranty only expired last june.

Jim55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 cdi sport
Il phone u tomo as I have these exact symptoms,( 58 reg c220 w204) however, I had dash lights upon trying to start and then the whole thing went dead , it's as iftheres no battery in it at all, would a faulty eis do this? Iv got a battery booster pack ordered online to check it's got enough charge but as it stands nothing works , no locking or anything

Marcus1212

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 180 komp saloon sport
No idea

All i know is what mercedes told me. No response from dash board. All caused by ignition not responding to keys and steering is not locked but you turn the wheel as if you didnt have power heavy .very heavy though. Rac tried hitting th steering column / motor. Nothing responded so had to be towed in

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
my steering lock has gone too.doors unlock fine etc radio is fine, battery tip top. Recently serviced and bang crash im towed into to mercedes who report to me
It needs
1 x steeering lock £243
1 x coding key £170
Labour and code £ 420

Plus vat

total including vat £999

Do i have any comeback on this with mercedes or is it simply tough lock.
The vehicle is c class 2009 75k on the clock full mercedes service histroy and the extended warranty only expired last june.

A god indie will be ½ that price. Code the key = you cannot

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
cost me £563 and steering lock was jammed on

I asked for a discount and my car is a 2008

They sell the motors on EBAY for less than £10

if you can get the diecast aluminium box off and open it up, the motor isnt coded as it looks like a scalextrix motor

les stevenson

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI 2012
e220 2012 steering lock not activating

I have a e220 2012 and its just failed mot because steering lock not activating when i remove the key. Everything else works fine with both my keys so any ideas?

ansta1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s500LWB/2002
I didnt even know the steering lock was part of the MOT, so checked and it is it seems. There is however this clause in the manual which may get you out of jail.

"It is acceptable for a steering lock to be missing or inoperative provided the vehicle has an engine immobiliser, or permanently installed immobilisation device which acts on either the steering, brakes or the transmission"

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom