w210 e320 - wheel alignment

too_juicey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 cdi Avantgarde (2001)
I took my car in to ATS and Kwickfit to get the tracking alignment done, and both declined saying it needed weighting etc and could only be done by MB.

Not a convincing explanation, and not sure if it's only MB job.

Could anyone advise?

Happy new year!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Cant help today Juicy but I do have the set up details, can you post back in a few days time

OP
T

too_juicey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 cdi Avantgarde (2001)
Malcolm, will post back again next week. Thanks.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Officially yes it needs weighting down. Unnofficially, nah not really. I too was turned away from qwikifit with my 210 but my local unfranchised tyre place always managed to set it up perfectly. I'll be having them do my 211 shortly.

sailorP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32AMG
Previous experience with this issue

A colleague of mine, who has an old C Clsas estate, had his tyres changed by Kwikfit, who also checked and re-aligned the tracking.
Subsequently the car misbehaved under hard braking, to the extent of swerving out of lane on a motorway slip road, coming to rest on the hard shoulder.
Colleague had car checked at Merc Main Dealer, who had to re-adjust the tracking.
So colleague went back to Kwikfit to complain.
KF Manager admitted that his fitter had missed the warning in their own literature that Merc tracking should not be adjusted!
Kwikfit stumped up for cost of tracking being done by Merc MD, and for a set of new tyres all round.....I've seen the letter from Kwikfit head office.
So....yes, it's not bullsh...Kwikfit oficial policy would seem to be....refer Merc owners to Merc MD when asked for tracking.

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
I took my car in to ATS and Kwickfit to get the tracking alignment done, and both declined saying it needed weighting etc and could only be done by MB.

Not a convincing explanation, and not sure if it's only MB job.

Could anyone advise?

Happy new year!

if you have tyre scrubbing, or pulling issues then my soundest advice would be a 4 wheel laser alignment not just tracking as just toe is adjusted, which can be out due to castor, camber issues.

it does not need doing by mercedes, but if its never had new wishbones etc, the front bolts will not be adjustable due to being set up perfectly from factory.

you will need to buy and fit the adjustment bolts before any castor, camber adjustment can be done correctly.

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom