OP
S

SHAMGIT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 2008 220cdi
Your right
At 75 my marbles have gone.
Still living in the 60s when it was a fag packet to measure clearance on spark plugs and cylinder head off on a Sunday morning for a decoke
Gunner have to start listening to you guys more proper. .

Won't be long now before I visit that star.

In the sky...!!

Some of you will say

The sooner the better....

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
Interesting thread.
The iCarsoft picked up amongst others, "22e7005 rail pressure via quantity control valve (???) to high", the code identifying one or more bad injectors.
So, still a partial guessing game to us Freds, then...
A Star session would have given each injector's QCV, to the +/- 5.0 tolerance, thus identifying the worn injectors.

So, whilst iCarsoft units are good for basic DIY use (components like the BLS or wheel sensors), it has limitations where multiple codes come in to play, like fueling and auto box misdemeanors.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Your right
At 75 my marbles have gone.
Still living in the 60s when it was a fag packet to measure clearance on spark plugs and cylinder head off on a Sunday morning for a decoke
Gunner have to start listening to you guys more proper. .

Won't be long now before I visit that star.

In the sky...!!

Some of you will say

The sooner the better....
**cough! Richard!!!***

OP
S

SHAMGIT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 2008 220cdi
Still coughing.
Yes John will definatly be visiting Richard in the near future.
should be able to finalize this thread in the next few days.
When I do I will calculate and tell you all the total cost of my problem.
as a help or a hinderence i think the icarsoft for just under a 150 qwid is a good buy for anyone who likes a challenge and if you have one i think most people would be loath to use what i believe is a 30grand computer until all there own efforts are exhausted.
I know if my car had being driving rough at normal speeds i would have had it on star but because it was running smoothly i enjoyed the challenge.
I hope the next few days will finalize this thread.

peternutkins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi estate 2001
I have a similar problem on a c220 cdi w203, it gets to 2000 rpm and the turbo output ceases, up to that point its about 3-4 psi and goes well. I have tried everything I can think of including bypassing the turbo controller, this gives an interesting effect.

When I revved it while standing outside the car it exceeded 2000 rpm but was struggling but the exhaust didn't smell right. I tried it on the road and had a burning soot smell coming through the heater ducts, so I suspect the cat is blocked, going to try disconnecting it and seeing if it will rev.

Peter

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I have a similar problem on a c220 cdi w203, it gets to 2000 rpm and the turbo output ceases, up to that point its about 3-4 psi and goes well. I have tried everything I can think of including bypassing the turbo controller, this gives an interesting effect.

When I revved it while standing outside the car it exceeded 2000 rpm but was struggling but the exhaust didn't smell right. I tried it on the road and had a burning soot smell coming through the heater ducts, so I suspect the cat is blocked, going to try disconnecting it and seeing if it will rev.

Peter

Or you have an air leak....what are the fault codes?

OP
S

SHAMGIT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 2008 220cdi
its fixed at last......................

it was the number 4 injector if i had been more competent with my i carsoft MB11
it would have informed me early on that the problem was an injector,
the problem with us amateurs
is that we buy a reader then just use it a couple of times a year or less to check the codes when a problem arrives
it doesn't give some of us old dinosaurs time to educate ourselves into how to use the thing to its fullest...
so what has this fiasco cost me because of my own stupidity,

2x rails with sensors ...£160

1x fuel filter ...............£..14

1x fuel temp sensor .....£..33

2x fuel injectors ...........£..95

............. total .............£302
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
so parts actually used...

1x fuel filter.................£..14

1x injector...................£..48

...............total.............£..62

my mans labour was ....£110

........total for the job.....£234

...................................................................................................................................................................................

my mans labour was for.... change oil and filter which i always supply..
fit fuel filter ..
change rail twice...
test lift pumps...
swap over w211 220cdi high pressure pump from wifes car..
do leak of test..
fit injector..
road test..

ok so i have other spares...i will keep them on the shelf..they do have a value..i will sell one of the rails onwards..
the 1x injector ..1x rail with sensors..and the fuel temp sensor..
can sit on the shelf in support for my w211 58 reg and the wifes w211 07 reg,

incidentally asda have today ..28..01..19 ..rolled back on low ash fully synthetic oil ..£14 and £15 for a 5 ltr can .
i understand its comma oil badged up for asda. dont miss out they only roll oil back a couple of times a year.

all in all im pretty happy with the costs.
im sure if i had gone to the stealer i wouldn't have had much change out of £ 500..
i think they are now charging over £110 per hour.

incidentally i used breaker link and 1st choice.
dronsfield merc and prestige parts wanted £165 for a used injector.

charles trent from pool charged me £95 for 2.... delivered ....i ordered at 3pm they arrived next day at 9.30 am..
a pretty good service although there reviews are a bit hit and miss.

all in all im pretty happy.
thanks.. mersum..alexander.. and john ..and anyone else for there contributions.

let that be a lesson to the rest of you amateurs and myself who think that we know better than the professionals on this exceptional site.
early on because i had previously had exactly the same problem and codes relating to low rail pressure and which i solved with another rail i felt or should i say i assumed it was going to be the same easy fix.
i now know that my I CARSOFT mb2 would have told me on day one that i was the number 4 injector that was failing,
the knocking noise was diesel knock from the failing injector.

ASSUME IS A VERY GOOD WORD ..................JUST DON'T ASSUME

thanks lads.
for all contributions

hope this helps someone in the future

PS ...so the injector giving low rail pressure did put car into limp
or was something else happening ?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom