W211 Airbag FaultS

Swampy_B

Reaction score
I bought a 220CDi back in feb, in September a SRS Warning appeared so i took to MB Bradford who said it was passenger seat airbag, not covered by warranty as car 68k when i bought it so tier2 warranty covers basically nowt.

it then went in for a door lock fitted and for quote for airbag, when it came out no SRS fault, 1 week late another SRS Fault diagnosed as seat squib, after been diagnosed it left MB with no warning and within days another SRS fault appeared.

It is my understanding that once a fault has been cleared it will not create a fault if the problem occurs again.

MB seem to be waiting for me to hit 100k which will be soon, so they can get rid of me, i have MOT Test failure on my warranty so surely airbag faults must be recified for it to pass a MOT.

any advise appreciated.

I have had a long string of faults with this car and even after writing a lengthy complaint to the stealers nothing has been done except some sales T@wt calling trying to sell me another disaster.

I'm on 94k now

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It looks like poor diagnosis to me and they have not found the real fault, they take it away and of coarse it comes back.

The fault is normally the wiring connector under the seat

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
Hello,
If a fault occurs if will put on the light on regardless if it has just been cleared or not. If they have just cleared the memory and not fixed the cause then the same faulty component will put on the light again.

By the way, your fault will be a poor connector under the passenger seat, it just needs the connector replacing

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
I have MOT Test failure on my warranty so surely airbag faults must be recified for it to pass a MOT.

I know this isnt very helpful to you but the airbag system is NOT a test item under the current MOT test procedure and therefore the SRS light remaining on will not cause a MOT failure.

Frank Patten

Reaction score
Website
www.frankpatten.co.uk
Your Mercedes
W212 E class 220cdi, R171 200 SLK
I have the same problem on my W210 206. The Brighton Mercedes Dealership spares shop cannot find the plug on his computer, so I have searched the Russian website and I think it is part number 0335450028 Seat Multiple Plug, 4 pin. Can anyone comfirm this please? My local garage is convinced that the fault is the ECU but before I shell out 235 quid I would rather try a new plug. BTW, how do you fit it? Do I have to solder the wires in or are they ordinary spade connections?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi frank it is possible to take the spades out of the plastic housing and tighten them, you do this by inserting a needle down one side to release them

Frank Patten

Reaction score
Website
www.frankpatten.co.uk
Your Mercedes
W212 E class 220cdi, R171 200 SLK
Hang on a minute, you've just thrown another possibility into the equation. Is it the plug that usually fails or the spade connectors that fit into it? I wonder if a few squirts of contact cleaner from Maplin might do the trick!
I still would like to know the correct part number for this plug. Is it 0335450028 Seat Multiple Plug, 4 pin? If I am going to order one from Merc it would be agreat help if I order the correct bit!
The car is a W210 206.

Best regards, Frank.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
The plug connector under the seat is not a common fault.

What is the fault code?

If it is a recognition pad fault check it is connected then replaced the pad.

OP
S

Swampy_B

Reaction score
Cheers guys i'm gonna see the stealers tomorrow as my aps50 head has just started switching off and switching back on again for no reason, any ideas? i cant spend all my time in a car with no stereo. argh the horror.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom