W211 estate RF remote not locking/unlocking

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E320 CDI estate
Hi,

I have a 2003 Eclass and today the remote lock/unlock stopped working. The fob will work using the ir sensor but not the RF.

I have checked fuse 8 and it is fine, I even changed it incase I couldn't see the break. I assume it is the antenna amp that has stopped working as the radio signal has dropped off too.

I have removed the antenna on the c pillar, A2118202989, all looks fine on the inside.

I have all so removed what looks like an existing, 2118200885, from under the right side of the boot floor. I don't know what this part does but it was so hot I couldn't touch it. Does anyone know what this part does and if it could be my faulty part?

Thanks in advance
Andy

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Won't be that - it's the Bluetooth control module.
Most likely it's your key - have you tried the other key?

OP
Andyn666

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've checked the radio signal from both keys and there both working fine, why would I have a Bluetooth module when the car doesn't have Bluetooth? I have a phone harness in the arm rest that works but no bluetooth?

It's definitely at the car end, and I'm assuming the antenna as the radio signal has gone to pot at the same time, that's assuming they both work off the same aerial

OP
Andyn666

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I thought I would update this post incase anyone else has the same issue.

My problem was with the aerial amplifier that is located behind the head lining on the left side D piller of the car. After testing everything I found three was no continuity in one of the 3 power inputs to the amp.

On the back of the fuse box in the boot there is a green plug with the same colour wires as going to the amp (Red/yellow, Pink/blue and Grey/yellow). In may case the red/yellow wire was at fault, I put a new write in from fuse box to amp and all functions note work perfectly again costing me nothing but a little time.

C A R S E

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230, SL55 AMG
Hi,

I currently have the exact same problem with my R230, any ideas?

OP
Andyn666

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You need check thetfuse first, then if the fuse is good you need to find your aerial amplifier and check it has power going to all the pins, while the radio is turned on, then you can go from there. Might be the power wire like mine was or could be the amp failing

M4td

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 320cdi eclass estate w211
You need check thetfuse first, then if the fuse is good you need to find your aerial amplifier and check it has power going to all the pins, while the radio is turned on, then you can go from there. Might be the power wire like mine was or could be the amp failing
Hi Andy I have an e class estate my key fob starts the car fine but won't operate the central locking via rf or ir, the radio signal is fine.
Mat

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom