W213 A238 E53 pre facelift premium plus night

Chris-net

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
[2011 S212 e250] [2021 W213 A238 E53]
So I've recently got an a238 e53 and am loving it.

I do have some mumblings to share with the internet though.

seems quiet, even with the exhaust set to powerful in any mode, at low speeds it does get a bit more interesting in sports+ (I've only tried individual, & Sports+) though. Mother in law said it was quite loud when she was in the back and that was on individual (all dynamic drive stuff on 1 notch above basic, comfort suspension & powerful exhaust).

command is slow and annoying,

Sports+ is like unleashing beelzebub, if this is a "soft amg", I've got the right machine.
lots of wind and road noise from the rear through the cabriolet roof,

lights are ok but not as amazing as I was expecting especially as I was coming from w212 xenons with ILS. I drove a multibeam car ~ 2015 and was amazed. I think intermediate distance could do with being a smidge brighter. its disconcerting seeing the blue full beam icon on the dash with oncoming traffic and even with traffic ahead. ive not been flashed or seen a car in front look to be annoyed i've got my full beam on, I suspect its doing is job perfectly but not as obviously as previous incarnations, its not always apparent that its boxed out other vehicles. but must be.

quite a lot of cabin wind when at motorway speed with the roof down.

I used speed limiter literally on every trip on the s212, its annoying to use on this a238. the 7 way stalk on the s213 was easy to find and easy to operate, the stupid steering wheel controls on the a238 are counter intuitive. coaxing the LIM / cruise control to use the last read speed limit is dangerous, numerous times ive gone into acceleration when trying to get it to use the last read speed limit. It's also read 50 as 60 multiple times just today. I've also seen where ive set it at 50 and then looked a few moments later and its 60 or where I've set 70 and then check and see its set to 90.
Adaptive cruise control with distrionic and auto speed adaptation is mighty, just wish It would automatically do speed +10%, it will leave you hanging if your stationary longer than 30s though

lane keep assist is feeble

double clicking lock on the remote stops keyless entry until the car is unlocked, should be something that cab be set on the car rather than the key.

no wireless car play to command online.

can't connect the car to wifi, but can connect my phone to the car hotspot which is a stupid backward limitation.

dealer visit needed to get car vin assigned to my Mercedes me account.

its amazing how little hp & torque is needed to cruise at 70

There is a lot to learn about the various systems the car offers

I'm hoping I can work around, the things I note above and am looking forward to summer.

Top Bottom