W215 CL500 pse connections

Chris Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 (02)
Hi does anyone have the pipe connection list for the PSE? The locking works, but the seats dont inflate. Is there only one pump in the pse and the fault likely to be elsewhere? Lost!
Thanks in advance if you can help,
Chris Turner

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi does anyone have the pipe connection list for the PSE? The locking works, but the seats dont inflate. Is there only one pump in the pse and the fault likely to be elsewhere? Lost!
Thanks in advance if you can help,
Chris Turner

Hi Chis and welcome, , rather than run around in circles you must make sure that it is turned on in a STAR test set.

I know how these things work in every detail, so do find out first if they are activated first

OP
C

Chris Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 (02)
PSE Pump check

Thanks for the advice, I have sent queries out to oIndependants to see if I can get this done reasonably. Just a point you might clear up, given that the seat switch on the passenger side (of mine) is pneumatic and provides no feedback (?), is the pump operated by maintaining air pressure on the line? if the correct connector at the PSE was removed would it attempt to make the pump run, assuming it was able to and was enabled?
Thanks
Chris.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
These seats only come in pairs, is one working or are they both not, it is unlikely to have a fault in both. This is why I said you must be sure that the pump is activated for the seats, its no good just playing with the pump, it will do nothing at this stage. If the pump detected a leak it would shut down, also the pump cannot run for more than 20 sec. the seats have storage facilities

Last edited:
OP
C

Chris Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 (02)
PSE Pump check

No, neither work. The passenger seat has the pneumatic switch and I have had the pipework off. There is no air on the supply line. The drivers seat has the massage multicontour option. I can hear the relays coming in, but once more, there is no reaction. It might be worth eliminating leaking bags, reservoir or pipelines?
Regards
Chris

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On the multi contour or comfort the operation is all the same, you will not get air out of the pipes as the pump will not run that long, its normal for the seats to make the clicking noises, this is the non return valves opening and closing.

There are faults that can be checked, stripped out all of mine only to find the seats were turned off.

Dont waste any time until you know that the seats are activated, I made that mistake.

Any leaks or malfunctions and mods can be dealt with once you know if it is turned on

OP
C

Chris Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 (02)
PSE Pump check

Hi I've taken your advice and booked it in for a STAR check on Monday...found a reasonably priced independant. More to follow!
regards
Chris Turner

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi I've taken your advice and booked it in for a STAR check on Monday...found a reasonably priced independant. More to follow!
regards
Chris Turner

OK Chris, once you know that the pump is activated, the rest is quite straight forward.

How do I know = been there doing it all

OP
C

Chris Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 (02)
PSE Pump check

Well that has to be the best £35 I have ever spent! They hooked it up, cleared a load of error codes, confirmed it was enabled and that the fault must be in the pipelines or seats, so I took it away with the problem still to resolve. But I then found that the doors, which had worked, no longer did so. I took it back and in sorting that out, they also fixed the seats. The fault was some trim missing from the inboard seat runner on the passenger side. The wiring/PSE loom had hooked on to the end of the runner, the seat at some time had been moved back and there you go - a broken pipe. I guess it had been partially sheared before, allowing the doors to still work, or maybe they made that bit up. The end result though is a fix at a fraction of the cost of a main dealer. Thanks for the STAR suggestion - this had been bugging me day and night!

Incidetally the garage is in East Peckham near Tonbridge, Kent and they charge £65 per hour while you wait.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pleased that you are sorted, and that it was worth joining the forum :D

Top Bottom