W220 S class door electrics , central locking etc where to start

Jonny boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S500 1999
Hi ,
New on here so please be gentle .
I have acquired a 1999 S class w220 .
I have managed to sort out most of the gremlins , ABS , Suspension , MOT to name a few but I have a problem with my central locking .

Firstly the central locking will work off the key , but when i do this the drivers outside door handle stops working , Then the DCM will pack up for a while and as such non of the windows , soft closing etc work .
If i reset the DCM it starts working , until I activate the central locking again .
Ive changed the DCM over to the passenger one so I know it works and I have power to the DCM in the drivers door , again worked out by swapping passenger one in .

Im guessing I have a leak somewhere but for the life of me I can't find any process of elimination to work through . I don't want to start swapping parts out for the sake of it as I'm sure you can all understand
As a side issue I also have the situation where the front windows are not sat in the runners so the front windows tend to move around a bit - I will have to strip the doors down to address this and don't want to do that twice if I can help it .

Other than that I think its great and really want to get it sorted
any help gratefully received

Top Bottom