W220 - S55K AMG - A/C compressor removal

lordgaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S-Class S55 AMG 2000 / W220 S-Class S55K AMG 2003 / W163 ML270 / Jaguar XJR X350
Hi All -
I need to swap out a failed A/C compressor on my 2003 S55K - for info,the vehicle has ABC.
It seems to be a very tricky job (with limited access to bolts etc) - My local garage (who have the car as it broke down on their forecourt!) are thinking on first look that the subframe needs to be dropped, but I doubt that is the case - Can the compressor be removed by disconnecting an engine mount and lifting the engine? or removal of radiators at the front? - Ideally I'd not like to have them remove the ABC/Power steering pump to access the compressor.
Any info/tips would be great so I can discuss with the mechanic.
Cheers
Gaz

OP
lordgaz

lordgaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S-Class S55 AMG 2000 / W220 S-Class S55K AMG 2003 / W163 ML270 / Jaguar XJR X350
Sorry - posted in wrong section - Please can it be moved to Engine Drivetrain section

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
They are a nightmare these.

You have to remove the ABC tandem pump. Take off the engine mounting and raise the engine to squeeze it out. About 6-8 hours work if everything is straight forward.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom