W639 Vito 2014 113 Coolant temp sensor location help plz

DAJthebabe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200/2005/1.8
Hi guys, just need to know if anyone has a pic of the location of this sensor please?

Hoping to change it today after identifying it via error code..

Thank you!

VitoVanMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 2005 115 CDI W639, Saab 93 TiD
Have a look at this forum...." Coolant Temperature Sensor Location ?????? "
And yes, its adjacent to the Oil Filter Cover....in fact if you remove the oil filter, it gives better access to the coolant sensor.

OP
D

DAJthebabe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200/2005/1.8
Have a look at this forum...." Coolant Temperature Sensor Location ?????? "
And yes, its adjacent to the Oil Filter Cover....in fact if you remove the oil filter, it gives better access to the coolant sensor.
Yeh tried that but drew a blank for a pic or schematic TBH

So - ignore that YT video and leave the front end on?

There's not a decent vid on the fix required on YT...

Appreciate your input VVM

OP
D

DAJthebabe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200/2005/1.8
I actually replied to your post on the other thread, just hoping for a pic or diagram as I'm a diyer wherever poss...

OP
D

DAJthebabe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200/2005/1.8
Believe it or not, this Vito is a replacement for my previous SLK - the reason I joined this forum so long back!

VitoVanMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have been checking on YouTube and found a video " Mercedes Coolant Leak ( fuel filter housing ) OM651 220,250 CDI and noticed the thermostat housing, with the sensor, just forward and to the right of the oil filler cap, on top of the engine and connected to the top hose on the radiator.
This is so much easier compared to my OM 646 engine and you have the added bonus that the thermostat is plastic, with no sign of corrosion again unlike my aluminium cast thermostat housing....so double bonus for you.
Although you still have to contend with the retaining clip, which can have a mind of its own and disappear into the ether.
Before I did any dismantling, I unplugged the connecting cable and just plugged in the new sensor to make sure the temperature was reading correctly and my Vito started normally.
By the way can I ask why you need to replace the sensor?

hmang

Reaction score
Hi guys, just need to know if anyone has a pic of the location of this sensor please?

Hoping to change it today after identifying it via error code..

Thank you!
Mate .
Sometimes the nice parts man at merc will tell you where the sensor sits if you ask him . The fellas at Poole have always been very helpful to me .

What happened to the days when you could ask a sensible question to a tech at the dealers and get a friendly answer.:(

VitoVanMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mate .
Sometimes the nice parts man at merc will tell you where the sensor sits if you ask him . The fellas at Poole have always been very helpful to me .

What happened to the days when you could ask a sensible question to a tech at the dealers and get a friendly answer.:(
I have the same experience at my local Merc parts department....they are only to happy to send me the schematic diagram off their parts list computer, for the appropriate part. This also confirms the part you are talking to them about is the actual part you require as they tend not to accept back special order parts.
Also if they can't get the parts, they give me the OE part number and have pointed me to eBay.de for parts.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom