Warranty Direct Vehicle Cover

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
The customer will have a rate of labour they are covered for, which if the garage rate exceeds, the customer will have to pay the difference.

Have you done a quote recently online?

Thanks again
Warrantywise

With the stratospheric level of WW premiums, I am surprised that any restriction is applied to garage rates. I would also expect that to be part of your approval process with the garage before the repair commenced.

The online quote I received a month ago brought a tear to my eye :shock:

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
With the stratospheric level of WW premiums, I am surprised that any restriction is applied to garage rates. I would also expect that to be part of your approval process with the garage before the repair commenced.

The online quote I received a month ago brought a tear to my eye :shock:
I would say choice rather than restriction. Our customers have varying budgets and/or requirements. We will cover up to £200 an hour, but not everybody will want/need such labour cover, depending on the vehicle or rate their repair garage charges.

Which of your models did you enquire about? What's it's engine size/age/mileage?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
We send an assessment form to the the repairing facility for them to fill in and return.
Can I ask if the garages get a fee for handling the extra admin etc with a warranty company? One thing that concerns me is that they wouldn't be bothered with a load of hassle?

I did one towards the end of July - I just looked back at it and you are double the annual premium. In fact I have mine on a rolling monthly contract with WD and you'd be 150% if paying monthly with you (although I suspect yours is still an annual contract, whereas I can end the WD one at any time.).

As best as I can tell, the cover looks the same, but obviously the proof would be in the eating.

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Can I ask if the garages get a fee for handling the extra admin etc with a warranty company? One thing that concerns me is that they wouldn't be bothered with a load of hassle?

I did one towards the end of July - I just looked back at it and you are double the annual premium. In fact I have mine on a rolling monthly contract with WD and you'd be 150% if paying monthly with you (although I suspect yours is still an annual contract, whereas I can end the WD one at any time.).

As best as I can tell, the cover looks the same, but obviously the proof would be in the eating.
It's really very simple to fill in. It's available online (http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/repairs/) or we can fax/email a copy direct to the repair facility. It's a necessity for us to know the problem with the car, as well as how much it's going to cost, and for this to be officially documented. It's a case of whoever we're dealing with understanding that it is needed to process a repair claim, and I must admit it is extremely rare that someone is reluctant to cooperate.

We offer a continuous payment scheme too so no issue there. What cover do you have with WD? What's your age/mileage?

blaser24nig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning SL350 - Gone
wow wow wow, all this is very interesting. I personally think they are all the same, they always almost end up f**kin you in the ar*e.

First up this morning was my car insurance renewal and they almost got me but I shall leave that for another thread.

Second issue is with warranty direct. I have paid around £600 for the 1st year and £550 for the 2nd year on my SL without claiming anything (touch wood it remains that way). They sent me out a renewal quote which was £650. Plus to be fair my car is now 2 years older from inception but I thought I'd call them up and negotiate with the fact that I haven't made any claims. I was passed on to a renewals agent or whatever they call them and thats where the problem started.

She was very rude, wasn't interested on what I was saying, cut me off throughout and saying I can't compare tesco bread with hovis bread and was very very patronising with a few other words. She even cancelled the policy even before I had asked her to. I was very annoyed myself but I'm at work at the moment and could not tell her what I wanted to tell her which was that she can go **** herself.

Now I just wish I had kept my £1200 and relaxed...

PS:sorry bout the language - just ****ed off...

Warranty companies? Are they like the wife you can't do without? Neccessary evil?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I must read my small print to see that WD have given me what I asked for,,or should I cancel

blaser24nig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning SL350 - Gone
Definitely, they even put on 20% parts contribution on my account with themselves but not on the paperwork!? Absolutely shocking...

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
We send an assessment form to the the repairing facility for them to fill in and return. As mentioned in my previous post we decipher the labour time for the job in question. The customer will have a rate of labour they are covered for, which if the garage rate exceeds, the customer will have to pay the difference. Once the repair is authorised we send supporting documentation detailing what we are paying (in case it isn't in parallel to the invoice price from the repair facility) and to give the go ahead for the repair work to be done.

To answer your question - If after this repair is done we encounter the problems in this case, any part failure would not be classed as a sudden mechanical or electrical one, but rather something that would need to be taken up with the repair facility as they would be the ones liable. We would only be able to pay on the initial repair we were given assessment for.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks again
Warrantywise

Can I ask this: Is the repair work carried out under the warranty companies request (i.e. are you the customer's agent) or do you just agree and pay the bill? From the above, I am guessing the latter.

Dave

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Yes i did a quote online but as i said you dont offer a warranty for a 10 year old SL500 it just told me to go away ... WD offered me 2 years for £990 on a 50% parts basis and full labour at a franchised dealer rate... ...

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
What cover do you have with WD? What's your age/mileage?

At the last renewal the car was 7yrs old (coming up to 8) and had done 59K miles. The cover is WD's ExtraCare policy with added ICE cover.

The ICE cover isn't mentioned in the policy at all but I do have it writing that it's covered. It's the possible failure of the COMAND system which is one of my concerns. If I have an issue with WD it's that their paperwork is a bit ropey - getting the policy schedule right took a lot of too and fro and I'm not convinced I won't have trouble if I claimed for ICE but if I press the point now they could just exclude it. I'd be quite happy to sue them in the small claims court if they won't pay up.

I've had the policy for 3 yrs now and have never claimed and hope I never do. But I can lose the £43/mth I pay in the noise of day to day activity however I would be sickened by a chunky bill and I need the car to be available for work so if something went wrong I might not be able to spend time finding a cheap fix etc. Hence I'm happy to pay for the cover which brings peace of mind, but that would be quickly destroyed by any hassle in making a claim.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They call mine the Prestige and performance cover and my comand is not covered, or the HK, my car is 5½ years old and 42k. As far as I can recall I was not offered any extras, and I pay the first £50 off any parts

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
I was very foolish and went with the warranty offered by the garage I bought the car from albeit the most expensive so say 5* cover. But they will only cover £45.00/hr max on labour rates! Plus they are rude and arrogant on the phone and try all sort of sharp practice to avoid paying like continually pretending they haven't received faxes and emails.

They eventually paid out on my front strut but minus £160.00 because of the labour rate issue and it was like pulling teeth getting them to pay.

At no point have they given me a breakdown of how they calculated the settlement figure nor do they tell you up front that they will only cover £45.00/hr and its not mentioned in the documentation.

They are called WMS (warranty management services) and apparently although they are a very small company, over 3500 dealers promote them.

Avoid.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was very foolish and went with the warranty offered by the garage I bought the car from albeit the most expensive so say 5* cover. But they will only cover £45.00/hr max on labour rates! Plus they are rude and arrogant on the phone and try all sort of sharp practice to avoid paying like continually pretending they haven't received faxes and emails.

They eventually paid out on my front strut but minus £160.00 because of the labour rate issue and it was like pulling teeth getting them to pay.

At no point have they given me a breakdown of how they calculated the settlement figure nor do they tell you up front that they will only cover £45.00/hr and its not mentioned in the documentation.

They are called WMS (warranty management services) and apparently although they are a very small company, over 3500 dealers promote them.

Avoid.
So the dealers get a good back hander with every policy taken out

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
Undoubtedly.

They portray themselves as a big reputable company but a companies house check reveals assets of a couple of hundred thousand and I think they have about three people in their claims handling team.

Still at least I've managed a reasonably successful claim but I'm reading this thread with interest thinking about next year!

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Can I ask this: Is the repair work carried out under the warranty companies request (i.e. are you the customer's agent) or do you just agree and pay the bill? From the above, I am guessing the latter.

Dave
Yes it is the latter. On discovery of a problem we advise the plan holder to stop driving the car immediately and get it to a repair facility. We then need the asessment form filling in by said repair facility before we can authorise any repair.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Not trying to nitpick, but as I mistrust all insurance companies equally, some questions:

Yes it is the latter. On discovery of a problem we advise the plan holder to stop driving the car immediately and get it to a repair facility.

Should he get out and push it there?

We then need the asessment form filling in by said repair facility before we can authorise any repair.

Is this form filling online? What is the target turnaround for approval? I say that bearing in mind that the vehicle is at that point taking up a bay in a workshop - any delays in giving the go ahead will not result in the best quotation in commercial terms

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Not trying to nitpick, but as I mistrust all insurance companies equally, some questions:

Should he get out and push it there?

Is this form filling online? What is the target turnaround for approval? I say that bearing in mind that the vehicle is at that point taking up a bay in a workshop - any delays in giving the go ahead will not result in the best quotation in commercial terms
It's understandable. Some firms in our field have tarnished the image. We're proud to have been a major contributor in restoring confidence in our product.

All our plans include recovery and roadside assistance, so if the car is immobile then they can call us on our dedicated line to arrange.

The assessment form can be filled in online and emailed through to our repairs admin team, or printed off and faxed/emailed separately. We respond to all paperwork within an hour. It may be that on initial assessment we need further information or to arrange an inspection of the vehicle. All has to be finalised within 5 days, which we work to stringently.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Warrantywise

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom