What Engine do I have? Also Air Intake rep. hose.r

Stevorobo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C180 Kompressor 1.8 (UK)
Good Evening folks.

I have recently purchased a UK 2004 C180 kompressor Avantgarde 1.8 petrol manual. Looking for a few parts for it but first time Merc owner, I have no idea what the engine number/make/short code is that all tou guys reference. Can someone help please. Also needing a new air intake, as you know, the standard one's are brittle as anything. Where's beat to get them and is it best staying with the cloth or is a plastic after market one ok to use!?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stevo.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Do you mean air filter by the way?

OP
S

Stevorobo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you mean air filter by the way?

No sorry, The air intake duct hose between grill and air box. I've bought a KnN filter for the vehicle ( in box filter) but the hose into the air box needs replaced. Was wondering what the dealer cost compaire to aftermarket options would be. Read previously that it's best to use the standard 'cloth' type?

OP
S

Stevorobo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why....? It'll make virtually no difference aside from making more noise and not filtering as well.

I got it new (and free) from a friend that had purchased it for a previous car and since I was servicing veh I replaced the after market one with the KnN...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
No sorry, The air intake duct hose between grill and air box. I've bought a KnN filter for the vehicle ( in box filter) but the hose into the air box needs replaced. Was wondering what the dealer cost compaire to aftermarket options would be. Read previously that it's best to use the standard 'cloth' type?
Ah right- not sure how easy it is to get an alternative material but the standard one although it gets brittle does take a while- I’d just replace like for like - MB Grangemouth 01324 686002....
On the K and Ns LK is right but if you’ve got it use it I guess...
Some folks also panic about oil contamination to the MAF from the filter oiled paper but not sure in reality how many cases there have been

OP
S

Stevorobo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah right- not sure how easy it is to get an alternative material but the standard one although it gets brittle does take a while- I’d just replace like for like - MB Grangemouth 01324 686002....
On the K and Ns LK is right but if you’ve got it use it I guess...
Some folks also panic about oil contamination to the MAF from the filter oiled paper but not sure in reality how many cases there have been

Im in Ayr so I'll give them a shout, our local dealer doesn't have best rep. Cheers for all your help/ info mate.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Im in Ayr so I'll give them a shout, our local dealer doesn't have best rep. Cheers for all your help/ info mate.
My pleasure , another member from Ayr, had Jimbo sign in recently from Ayr:)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom