What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Found some rust bubbles around the rear trim after a wash. Didnt think 204 rotted inside out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trim rubs against the paint, small hole which gets wet and rust starts

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Preparing the 207 for its MOT due on the 9th June. Advisory last year for rear n/s tyre. So booked in Friday for all four as they've been on over 5 years so have done well. I do very few miles in this car and only in summer now. Very slight crazing on the front sidewalls although tread OK but I'd rather be confident than not. £550 for all 4 fitted on Goodyear Asymmetric 6's. Not bad for those. F1 Autocentre where I've found prices very reasonable. Also having an A/C regas at £25 (Coronation Special Price)! Its still cold but a bit 'wheezy' in use which in my experience warrants a regas. Again, not been regassed for over 5 years. Once all done I'll book the MOT. Fingers crossed chaps!

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Trim rubs against the paint, small hole which gets wet and rust starts

Great fun. Suppose ive done well to get to now before having any. My old A4 had started rotting at 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
I never look at this, but was scrolling through the menu to look at something and came across this from my weekend trip.
Best mpg I'd seen on the live display before this was 29.? for the same trip, M62, M1, A1, A168 & back.

Attachments

• 20230517_192913.jpg
    20230517_192913.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 22

Keaveyd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2002/2litre
I'm so green I can't figure out how to post here without using 'reply'. So, Mark Q you must have been training your right foot to be more compassionate, and your left to simply 'let her roll'!? Poor jokes aside, would be interesting to figure out what's changed?

I've just popped my s204 head restraints back in after a rear end 6 months ago. The rattling was driving me mad, and to do both took literally 5 seconds each. Who knew how ridiculously simple it would be? Also just ordered new gas struts for electric tailgate, will post (if I can FIO?) to report on success/failure.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I'm so green I can't figure out how to post here without using 'reply'. So, Mark Q you must have been training your right foot to be more compassionate, and your left to simply 'let her roll'!? Poor jokes aside, would be interesting to figure out what's changed?

I've just popped my s204 head restraints back in after a rear end 6 months ago. The rattling was driving me mad, and to do both took literally 5 seconds each. Who knew how ridiculously simple it would be? Also just ordered new gas struts for electric tailgate, will post (if I can FIO?) to report on success/failure.
Just slide down the screen and you’ll see a box to type in…

Alternatively if you want a new thread go to the relevant section and press the post new thread button on the right… as per below

IMG_9895.jpeg

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Performed the seemingly weekly iCarsoft plug in this afternoon to check for codes on the alarm sensor fitted last week, all good but the pesky "930E Synchronisation of the DTC memory cannot be assured" and "930C knowledge base configuration incomplete" codes will not reset showing historic and current. Researching both codes gives no definitive answer other than disconnecting the batteries for a while to loose the current status so I gave that a go. Sure enough, both came up historic so deleted them and they both popped back up again. Reset all the steering angle and windows etc but did notice a 3 mile or so discrepancy between the dash recorded mileage and Assyst stored mileage.
The tailgate button has been behaving itself this week, the passenger door mirror has resorted to not opening intermittently again since fitment of the new battery so that will be apart soon for wiring checks, a good ticking off and lubrication.
Accessing the backup battery I noticed the pollen filter cover water drain gutter mouldings were filling with dirt so I gave that a wash, the pollen filter is a bit dirty and over a year old now so an Autodoc order is imminent as I also want to replace the front springs. The joys of identifying the correct springs!

Last edited:

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Took the old girl out just for a short drive as I've not used her in a week or so and felt the brakes weren't very responsive. Got home and noticed a small pool of liquid on the drive and I assumed it was fuel as it was on that side. I checked underneath her and could see the dampness on the arm that comes from the wheel. I called the AA as I was worried it was leaking fuel. The guy checked and said it was coming from the brake pipe. I then explained that I'd noticed the brakes hadn't felt right when I was driving and he said I was lucky they hadn't failed altogether! She'll need a trip to the garage to get sorted, cars eh!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Had 'child scrots' visit in the morning yesterday to try and steel the Star off the Money Pit.
Money Pit put up a good fight and the 'retards' left without their prize, but Money Pit was left injuried and Star is licking its worns and broken lying flat, never to rise again :(
I wounder if the 'scumbags will return this morning.....They prey not!!

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Had 'child scrots' visit in the morning yesterday to try and steel the Star off the Money Pit.
Money Pit put up a good fight and the 'retards' left without their prize, but Money Pit was left injuried and Star is licking its worns and broken lying flat, never to rise again :(
I wounder if the 'scumbags will return this morning.....They prey not!!
Sorry to hear that, get well soon money pit!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Yesterday VW golf GTI in front of me was so intent racing a Mustang on outside lane he nearly missed his turning off, shot across 3x lanes at around 70 - 80mph and across the dirt at the entrance to the slip road throwing up a shower of stones, one of which hit the bottom left of my windscreen causing a small spider Web shatter 2-3 cm.

Always the innocent that get hurt by the wreckless idiots, now wondering whether to go for £20 repair and live with the ugly spot or claim for a new windscreen (£900) with £190 deductible on insurance. My main worry is if this will need to be declared as a claim on renewal and effect my premium after 40 years trouble free motoring....

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Windscreen hopefully won't affect your premium, if it doesn't get it done, if your owt like me, it'll would bug the hell out of me. Like you say though, total @rsehole, and you pay the price.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Yesterday VW golf GTI in front of me was so intent racing a Mustang on outside lane he nearly missed his turning off, shot across 3x lanes at around 70 - 80mph and across the dirt at the entrance to the slip road throwing up a shower of stones, one of which hit the bottom left of my windscreen causing a small spider Web shatter 2-3 cm.

Always the innocent that get hurt by the wreckless idiots, now wondering whether to go for £20 repair and live with the ugly spot or claim for a new windscreen (£900) with £190 deductible on insurance. My main worry is if this will need to be declared as a claim on renewal and effect my premium after 40 years trouble free motoring....

Just spent a week in Norfolk on holiday and on the 140 mile drive home came across a rarity nowadays a road actually being resurfaced, needless to say everyone else was doing 50mph (or wanting to) and I was trying to back off to 20mph, you end up cringing at every oncoming car :(

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Windscreen hopefully won't affect your premium, if it doesn't get it done, if your owt like me, it'll would bug the hell out of me. Like you say though, total @rsehole, and you pay the price.
Just checked insurance certificate, states "will not effect no claims bonus but may effect renewal premium", I read that as "we will use this as an excuse to rip you off at renewal and recover every last dime from you"!

So premium will rise but I can always walk away, question is do I have to declare this as a claim to next insurer? I guess I do so lose lose scenario...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom