What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Looks like hot glue rather than epoxy, that is not a good repar!

My S211 only seems to need the lightest pull to release the parking brake, even less if the parking brake pedal is pushed before pulling the release.

Might be that release handle replacement may be an indication the parking brake mechanism needs servicing or lubrication?
You could be right, although I have known some pretty heavy handed people! I'll get it checked although mine wasn't as bad as the video, just a small crack on the left that made it feel a bit wobbly.

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
You could be right, although I have known some pretty heavy handed people! I'll get it checked although mine wasn't as bad as the video, just a small crack on the left that made it feel a bit wobbly.
Could be heavy footed then heavy handed!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Drove mine back from Scotlandshire - down the A1M as called in on a friend in Nuclearcastle. On the way Theo and I noticed people on a lot of the bridges over the motorway.
I was wondering what they were watching for when this Lamborghini Murcielago came by, with an M5 behind it.

IMG_0793.jpeg

They weren’t going particularly fast - we were 2 cars back in the 50 limit for miles. The people on the bridges were waving at them and taking pictures.

I’m presuming they’re a YouTuber, I’ve no clue

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Drove mine back from Scotlandshire - down the A1M as called in on a friend in Nuclearcastle. On the way Theo and I noticed people on a lot of the bridges over the motorway.
I was wondering what they were watching for when this Lamborghini Murcielago came by, with an M5 behind it.

View attachment 84511

They weren’t going particularly fast - we were 2 cars back in the 50 limit for miles. The people on the bridges were waving at them and taking pictures.

I’m presuming they’re a YouTuber, I’ve no clue
The start of the Gumball 3000 was in Edinburgh

Last edited:

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
[W164] - Recovered 420g of R134a and recharged with 970g, ice cold AC is back again :)

Passed a vacuum check, but suspect condenser is leaking very slowly due to dark patch which is probably oil, will put on a new condenser and dryer at the end of the summer to sort it out properly

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Did it sort your problem Richard?
Yes, 1hr test run last night confirmed everything is now fine.

Xentry/Das pointed to right rear, but given what everyone else has experienced, I figured replacing them all was the path of least future frustration. Will be interesting to see how these ATE made in Mexico sensors last. I am hopeful as there were signs of MB star and part numbers having been ground off the cables.

Monkey Wrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I Fancied a CLK, bought an SL350
Yes, 1hr test run last night confirmed everything is now fine.

Xentry/Das pointed to right rear, but given what everyone else has experienced, I figured replacing them all was the path of least future frustration. Will be interesting to see how these ATE made in Mexico sensors last. I am hopeful as there were signs of MB star and part numbers having been ground off the cables.
From my recent investigations, I'm believing ATE are OEM parts, at least my rear calipers are cast with Ate and I think their original, glad your issue gone away.

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Fitted the second hand all singing and dancing Android 11 radio unit last night which involved dismantling the in dash CD changer for the lower switch panel. That will be a joy to reassemble if I decide to swap back! :eek: The supplied fascia does not clamp tight as per the Mercedes radio but does fit well in the dash so that will need looking at. Still waiting on a cheap reversing camera to arrive that I want to try connecting via a wireless kit. Selecting reverse immediately brings up the blank camera screen so that will be interesting to see how well it works.

Of course the Nokia car kit no longer works properly, the plan was to remove that anyway if this unit works well with my phone as the main reason for fitting this unit is to get better phone connectivity and to use Waze. Hopefully I can fit a holder for my phone in place of the Nokia in the armrest and increase the centre console storage space.

20230617_084408.jpg

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I used the last of the reclaimed water (****** hose pipe ban 3 weeks into summer, I will be dealing with SE Water soon!!) to wash the S class and the Smart CDI , which I have now put up for sale as its been replaced with the C class.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175776513066

If anybody on here fancies a Smart, drop me a line, might be able to do a deal with the winter tyres/wheels as well :)

Oh, and drove the S class to see my FIL today, very nice :)

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
S211 to the tip carrying a builders tonne bag of hedge clippings without lowering the rear seats, I felt such a fraud wasting so much carrying space. Sat and fiddled with the Android head unit for a bit afterwards. Dam thing is overly complicated methinks but I like it.

Top Bottom