What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Just passed my MOT at MB Plymouth (half price offer).
Advisories
Tyre wear and rusty back springs. Both of which I knew about.
Broken back bracket on exhaust, no symptoms, little job for next time it's dry.

Does anyone change back springs with surface rust? Do you just wait for them to go?
is it worth rubbing down and painting?

Last MOT they weren't mentioned, even though they were a little rusty, though it wasn't a merc garage.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Spray them with Dynax or Waxoyl or Dinitrol, or whatever rustproofing compound you prefer, it should keep the surface rust in check if you check it and touch it up at your yearly inspection of the underside.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Spray them with Dynax or Waxoyl or Dinitrol, or whatever rustproofing compound you prefer, it should keep the surface rust in check if you
check it and touch it up at your yearly inspection of the underside.
Thank you. I've got some hammmerite with waxoyl, I'll use that

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not actually done anything, but We've had the W203 for 2 years today. We've only done 12 000mi, but I am retired now. I would have done at least that per year when I was working. Although We Buy Any Car says its worth £2000 it's immaculate and has only done 57000. Really it is still like a new car. Changing to Mercedes was the best motoring choice I've ever made, though I could never afford one in the past.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Not actually done anything, but We've had the W203 for 2 years today. We've only done 12 000mi, but I am retired now. I would have done at least that per year when I was working. Although We Buy Any Car says its worth £2000 it's immaculate and has only done 57000. Really it is still like a new car. Changing to Mercedes was the best motoring choice I've ever made, though I could never afford one in the past.
Congratulations on the anniversary and glad you've enjoyed it so much

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Having found the CLS with its nose on the ground on Thursday morning due to a broken NSF spring i removed both front struts and took them to MB Grangemouth today where two new springs were fitted , big thanks to Fraser and the workshop guys for sorting me out at such short notice.

Refitted the struts between the showers and also put some Copper grease on the back of the recently fitted front pads to eliminate the annoying squeal when stopping from a slow speed.

Thought about buying a lovely AMG GTs that was sitting on the dealers forecourt but decided i liked my testicles attached to my body , so didnt bother.

Kenny
36606049686_4ebdbf1bdf_k.jpg

splitshift

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 200 kompresser convertable, 2001 Citroen c2 Audi A3, jaguar xj6 and big scanias !
Today I stopped my ml tailgate rattling! Adjusted the rubber stops and adjusted the latch and striker plate, all good !Popped into mb Grangemouth and ordered a couple of nuts to hold the rear lens on properly, saw someone drooling over AMG gts, waited till they left then drooled over it myself !!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Today I stopped my ml tailgate rattling! Adjusted the rubber stops and adjusted the latch and striker plate, all good !Popped into mb Grangemouth and ordered a couple of nuts to hold the rear lens on properly, saw someone drooling over AMG gts, waited till they left then drooled over it myself !!
I hoped you wiped up after buddy ;)

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
FullSizeRender.jpg Braved the windy day and sprayed the right front caliper
Total pain sheeting up the car and masking off everything and building a wind barrier with bins and stuff.
Seemed OK no swirling wind in the igloo lol :)

So at least no overspray and job looks OK
I persisted with hammerute as both hammerite and a well know claiper enamle company were concerned their enamel may react with the hammerite.
Having that with the clear coat ... couldnt handle the hassle.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Folded the rear seat cushions up, and the backrests down, and loaded the car to the brim, to drive back home.
It is truly incredible, how much stuff one can get stuffed ;) into this little car.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Drove her after two weeks away, on the the spare key:mad:

Wash and brush-up this morning to bring her up to her best...

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Spray Painted the 3rd rear brake Calliper
Happy with the finish.
IMG_4207.JPG

Very fiddly to mask up. And also due to using hammerite needed to sheet the whole car.
Such a shame one has to leave it a whole week to dry out before clear coating it.
Means remasking it :(
Defo recommend a paint that one can leave an hour or two and then clearcoat.
A positive tip by waitrose heavy duty aluminium foil its much easer to mask the internal wheel arch as its stays put long enough to tape in place. :)

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now, that's a proper masking!
I'm saving this pic as a reference :)

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
View attachment 38171 Removed throttle control module and top engine harness from my 500SL.
Anyone want to guess why it was running badly?

That's the harness to the TCM and the one to the MAF was even worse....
View attachment 38172
The whole lots going to Sileck in Kent to be rebuilt.

I had a HP brake fluid transport pipe that looked like that from rubbing. Discovered it when foot went to the floor braking down Harrow on the Hill >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Drove 12 miles to pick up my new Torque wrench.
Having specifically when they ordered the wrench from head office. Could they pick one with unmarked packaging.
Was ****ed to find the blow- moulded case was pushed in at the head end so instead of a 15mm gap it was 1 or max 2 mm. Obviously been dropped on concrete !
So I rejected it and they are getting me a new one?

Sounds fussy but hey ... how do you know its still accurate without having it calibrated.
Being capable of 60- 340 Nm if it was not true to the scale, that could be enough to shred threads.
Waste of my time :(:(

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No longer own a Mercedes Benz
Drove 12 miles to pick up my new Torque wrench.
Having specifically when they ordered the wrench from head office. Could they pick one with unmarked packaging.
Was ****ed to find the blow- moulded case was pushed in at the head end so instead of a 15mm gap it was 1 or max 2 mm. Obviously been dropped on concrete !
So I rejected it and they are getting me a new one?

Sounds fussy but hey ... how do you know its still accurate without having it calibrated.
Being capable of 60- 340 Nm if it was not true to the scale, that could be enough to shred threads.
Waste of my time :(:(

No I think you were right to reject it out of principle. Why should you have to settle for something which clearly has been mishandled? I bet if you order an item and then return it in such a state they'd not process a refund.

I routed the wiring for my Nextbase dashcam today which was surprisingly easy to install and setup. Not sure whether to disable the audio recording option though as it may capture my awful singing and colourful language....

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom