What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Pullman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1981 500SL_1999 500SL_(2002 CL600 sold) 2003 500SL
I use a marker pen and also note the vendor, so I know where to go back to just before the warranty expires and the battery is run flat, in order to get another one. With the right vendor, you get a full new warranty
I just keep the reciept and put it with the service details ... even permanent markers fade with time cleaning off oil contaminants etc.. but having said that whatever suits....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I use a marker pen and also note the vendor, so I know where to go back to just before the warranty expires and the battery is run flat, in order to get another one. With the right vendor, you get a full new warranty
I'll keep that in mind ;)
I bought this one, and a previous one for the old car, from Tayna - excellent service and really fresh batteries (I checked the manufacturing date).

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Got the paintwork up to scratch for the winter.
Washed with Megs Gold Class shampoo
Clayed with Meguiars claymitt
Rinsed and dried.
One application of Autoglym SRP, followed by a coat of Farecla G3 ResinWax
Finally a coat of Sonax BSD
Dressed the tyres with Megs Endurance tyre gel and sprayed the alloys with Autoglym alloy wheel protector which keeps the brake dust to a minimum.

Cleaned the windows inside with Autoglym Glass polish and treated the leather to a coat of Zymol leather conditioner.

Should be good for a few months apart from washing.
A days break for tomorrows rain then its time for the missus car to be done.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just keep the reciept and put it with the service details ... even permanent markers fade with time cleaning off oil contaminants etc.. but having said that whatever suits....
Yes, I keep the receipt in the car folder too, and luckily this car's battery is inside the cab (well, under the driver's feet to be precise), so no oily stuff around it ;)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

In the days of yore when paper was the norm, I too had folders containing paper, that worked well. I knew where they were.

Since then I got married and my wife loves to tidy up. At which point the days spent trying to find my stuff moved from where I left it led to the marker pen process.

As we are now in the digital era, there is always a record of the purchase with the vendor, together with the relevant payment medium. Unless the vendor is particularly lazy, the date of purchase together with an image of the barcode on your mobile soon gets the replacement in your possession.

Us oldies actually know how to make use of the digital era technology. How many times at a theme park do you see youngsters searching for their car in the car park? A quick snap on the mobile or camera of the location ID, robert is your mothers brother.

Oh it's Tuesday, so later today we claim our 'free' large latte from Caffe Nero, by showing the screen on our mobiles. That gives up 2/3 of the monthly charge back, as it were. Combined with the lunch deals when available more than covers the phone charges. Just checked, advent calendars at Thorntons gratis today, so that's another few quid not being spent :geek:

Service records by MB have been digital for a few years now, but you can ask for hard copy in order to file it where you leave it to have it moved, to spend days searching for it!!! Passes the time :geek:

Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Changed the diff oil in the E Class this morning. Not a massive job admittedly, but annoying that I had to do it myself as Mercedes have no record of it being done at the recommended interval of 1800 miles and it's now considerably over that. I would have assumed someone would let you know about it but I had to quiz people to confirm that it's necessary.

As it's a chargeable item I decided that it made sense to do it myself at a cost of less than 10% of what I would have had to pay the dealership. The one consolation was that, whilst it was in the garage, it got a damn fine clean up at the same time. :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Changed the diff oil in the E Class this morning. Not a massive job admittedly, but annoying that I had to do it myself as Mercedes have no record of it being done at the recommended interval of 1800 miles and it's now considerably over that. I would have assumed someone would let you know about it but I had to quiz people to confirm that it's necessary.

As it's a chargeable item I decided that it made sense to do it myself at a cost of less than 10% of what I would have had to pay the dealership. The one consolation was that, whilst it was in the garage, it got a damn fine clean up at the same time. :)
I find a diff oil change very satisfying , I know it's only in the service schedule for performance cars like yours and 4x4's , but it always comes out black and mucky . If like me though you have 0.7L remaining you will think I could buy another Litre for £13 and my next diff change is nearly free :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
They are an aggressive "tready" looking tyre (is that a word ?) . Love the wheels
It is now!!
And indeed they do look aggressive - it’s weeeing down here atm so they’ll be tested immediately !
Thanks for your kind words on the wheels - I like them certainly !

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

How’s the shoulder though Dave?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom