What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 Eclass 350 CDI Sport 2012
Nice colour combo, I hope to have a go at my wheels this year, glad I'm not going mad thinking black inners and coloured outers, first example I've seen.
It's shadow chrome - I'm not quite sure how they did it but the wheels do look very good - much preferable to gloss black and the original diamond cut silver

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Filled the car up with Petrol, that’s a shame because it’s diesel.
On our spot at the caravan near Mevagissey for a long weekend. I’ll phone the RAC tomorrow to sort that out, I’m a complete t#*t.

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Sitting at the side of a road waiting for the RAC. I presume this is the dreaded SBC pump error. Only 86k on the clock. I thought I would get more miles before this kicked in. View attachment 84228 View attachment 84229 View attachment 84230
You still have front brakes but will end up with tinnitus from the beeping! Possibly a rear line burst from corrosion and the fluid will be sat on one of the undertrays. Not a mega expensive fix and you can bleed the caliper by opening the door.

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Filled the car up with Petrol, that’s a shame because it’s diesel.
On our spot at the caravan near Mevagissey for a long weekend. I’ll phone the RAC tomorrow to sort that out, I’m a complete t#*t.
Wife called the RAC, they’re coming tonight at 11:43 pm. I’ll just sit here drinking and wait for them. We had to pay them £240 in advance .

Kudly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C209 CLK200K AG 2006
PaulG wrote:
"Sitting at the side of a road waiting for the RAC. I presume this is the dreaded SBC pump error. Only 86k on the clock. I thought I would get more miles before this kicked in."

Looks like it. Get a good Indy to replace the unit and extend its life. Resetting doesn't always work.
Mine went around 80K, apart from red dash warning there were no actual braking issues, drove it about a month while the part came through from Germany.

PaulG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class W211 E240 Elegance
You still have front brakes but will end up with tinnitus from the beeping! Possibly a rear line burst from corrosion and the fluid will be sat on one of the undertrays. Not a mega expensive fix and you can bleed the caliper by opening the door.
So possibly not the SBC pump which is rather expensive from what I hear.

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
So possibly not the SBC pump which is rather expensive from what I hear.
Check the master cylinder reservoir for fluid loss then look at the rear caliper brake lines that dissappear into the arches. The covers and undertrays hide the lines and corrosion, the trays hold and hide a lot of fluid.

Monkey Wrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I Fancied a CLK, bought an SL350
Yesterday, had a nice drive up to Suffolk for no.1 sons birthday. Stopped for supplies at the supermarket en route and was complimented on the car. It's amazing how much a small comment can make you feel :cool:
Lovely feeling.
When I got mine, took colleague out for a spin......so impressed, 2 weeks later they bought a nice white SL500. He sold it now (got the Porsche bug) but always commented on how clean and classic looking mine is.

Last edited:

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Wife called the RAC, they’re coming tonight at 11:43 pm. I’ll just sit here drinking and wait for them. We had to pay them £240 in advance .
Total cost about £400, RAC send out private contractors, pointless being in the RAC, I could have phoned the fuel doctor myself. Oh well, my fault for filling it with petrol.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom