What is the meaning of LIM in the parking sensor display?

Robert866

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d SE Estate 2017 (W213)
Being new to the forum I am not sure if this the correct place to post this but here goes:- I have just bought a 2017 E220d (W213) Estate and sometimes when manoeuvring the letters LIM appear at the top left hand side of the parking sensor display (the one next to the camera display that shows "radar" lines). Does anyone have any idea what this is trying to tell me? I know LIM usually refers to the speed limiter but is it something different in this instance? There is no mention of it in the surprisingly poor Mercedes manual. Thanks.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome Robert
Is your car equipped with active lane departure and distronic functions by any chance?

OP
R

Robert866

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d SE Estate 2017 (W213)
No, but I now think it may indeed be the speed limiter due to me having Manoeuvre Assistance switched on as well as Parking Pilot. I'll try some experiments when I get a chance.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Robert, welcome to the forum :)

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
When LIM is displayed, do you also get a small orange light on the end of the stalk?

Speed limiter warning, if so.
Thank you, Google.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom