Wheel gaiters , coloured

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There was a lot of concern earlier on diamond cuts Malcolm, as these alloygators trap moisture behind and could lead to corrosion- always liked the idea myself if it wasn't for that. My issue on the 212 was that the diamond cuts were just so easily damaged I would have used these if it wasn't for the moisture issue...

Yes I remember that now :D and that was the reason, thanks.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I was also told that when fitted there is a very minute gap between each piece and this causes very slow air loss from the tyres.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was also told that when fitted there is a very minute gap between each piece and this causes very slow air loss from the tyres.

They must reduce the sealing area, maybe some wheels worse that others.

Steve3948

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Coupe AMG
So what are the final thoughts then.
What is the issue with moisture, surely this is no different than the days we have rain, also as the wheel rotates and you apply brakes I would have thought it would dry out and centrifugal force would expel any moisture.

Is there any chance or air leaking if they are applied correctly, only they would have needed to pass all safety checks surely.

The diamond cut wheels are £120 each for a repair, just had the two fronts done and the wife has already damaged one in less than 2 weeks, not amused so looking for something.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I went and looked at a couple fitted , by magowans tyres ( photos on there website) I can't see any real problem and they look ok , don't like the black as
Rim looks smaller and the silver does not look right i m o , so I think you would have to like a colour , but this may not be to everyone's taste picking the right colour is hard as to does it look tacky .
Best bet is find out when your local is doing a fitting and ask to see them
Also now it seems there's a cheaper brand out there so would need to be carful .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
So what are the final thoughts then.
What is the issue with moisture, surely this is no different than the days we have rain, also as the wheel rotates and you apply brakes I would have thought it would dry out and centrifugal force would expel any moisture.

Is there any chance or air leaking if they are applied correctly, only they would have needed to pass all safety checks surely.

The diamond cut wheels are £120 each for a repair, just had the two fronts done and the wife has already damaged one in less than 2 weeks, not amused so looking for something.

Even the centrifugal force won't dry them out, so you will have trapped moisture which will enter the diamond cut edge and.....best thing would be not to have diamond cuts at all- awful wheels. Remember also you're probably only going to get one or two repairs on each before they're goosed

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The cheaper version out there is no where near as good.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the black and silver do not look the right colour, then pink or yellow !! No! then red.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom