Wheeler Dealers

Dave Attaboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/2000/
Hi all at the Mercedes-Benz Owners Club,

My name is Dave, and I work for a television production company called Attaboy TV, we produce the show Wheeler Dealers for the Discovery Channel on Sky. I’m unsure if you are familiar with the show, but we buy iconic cars in need of repair, restore them to glory, before taking them for a test drive, then selling them on.

Currently we’re working on a 2000 model SLK. This is now sat our workshop, ready to be restored.

At the start of each show, we film an introductory sequence we call a “Pristine.” In the pristine sequence we film with a pristine version of the car we are about to work on. This allows us to introduce the car to the audience, and show to them what we’re looking to achieve with our car. I wanted to get in touch with your Club, in the hope that you may be able to help us source a “pristine” version of our SLK.

We’re looking for an owner with a clean, working, and great looking SLK that matches our model. The owner would need to be happy for us to drive their vehicle on camera, and live around the London area. For the owner, it would be an opportunity to show-off their prized possession on national television.

I really hope you can help, and please feel free to get back to me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards
Dave.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
How much does it pay?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Good post I am aware Mr Murdoch junior doesn't work for nothing !!!

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Galus!!! 1 minute after the post as well. :lol:

Damn and blast I thought I was quicker ;)

The reason I asked is that I have done film work with my car and had to work very hard to strike a deal I was happy with. So with this in mind I just thought that the members here should know that there is money in the pot to pay for your time and car. I must also point out that you will have to let your insurance company know and they can sometimes charge an excess for this...

I have read many pleas on various forums from TV and film companies asking for a 'loan' of a specific make and model of car to 'help them out' and the owner has 'the glory' of his car being immortalised in the media forevermore. Sadly a lot of these film/TV companies want us to do this for nothing yet these film/TV companies are tax paying profit making companies who employ people and pay their employees wages, but expect us to give up our valuable time and our very expensive cars for them to drive around...all for the opportunity to show-off their prized possession on national television. :shock:

Now I'm not saying Attaboy TV were looking for a freebie but as I never noticed any fee being offered I thought I should ask, thus bringing it to the attention of all involved :lol:

No, just from north of the border:rolleyes:

Yes north of the border but fighting your corner down south as I do not own a SLK and I if I did I live too far away to take up the offer ;)

gh3382

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164 ML350
Wheeler dealers ......best program on tv bar none

Got to agree I wait patiently for the new shows as I must have seen everything they have shown so far.

gh3382

R

Ricey

Ed had clearly grown an on screen personality too......watched an old one the other day andit was like watching a rather large and very talented stick ambling around.

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203

My name is Dave, and I work for a television production company called Attaboy TV, we produce the show Wheeler Dealers for the Discovery Channel on Sky. I’m unsure if you are familiar with the show, but we buy iconic cars in need of repair, restore them to glory, before taking them for a test drive, then selling them on.

Currently we’re working on a 2000 model SLK. This is now sat our workshop, ready to be restored.

At the start of each show, we film an introductory sequence we call a “Pristine.” In the pristine sequence we film with a pristine version of the car we are about to work on. This allows us to introduce the car to the audience, and show to them what we’re looking to achieve with our car. I wanted to get in touch with your Club, in the hope that you may be able to help us source a “pristine” version of our SLK.

We’re looking for an owner with a clean, working, and great looking SLK that matches our model. The owner would need to be happy for us to drive their vehicle on camera, and live around the London area. For the owner, it would be an opportunity to show-off their prized possession on national television.

I really hope you can help, and please feel free to get back to me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards
Dave.

how do I go about buying the finished article ?

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG

Kind Regards
Dave.

What Model SLk is it 230 320 or 32AMG

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
I'm guessing post #2 scared him off.......

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Only the 1 post ....

If interested i would suggest emailing the program direct to valdate it..

Did he post on the 'other' forums?

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Only the 1 post ....

If interested i would suggest emailing the program direct to valdate it..

Did he post on the 'other' forums?

These sort of requests almost certainly find their way on to every forum going:lol:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom