Which is cleanest? Hybrid, Petrol or Diesel?

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Depends what you mean by "Clean" lol - everyone has their own views.

Diesels are economical, swift and very good - sadly now demonised
Petrols are clean enough
Good Hybrids could be cleaner, but Merc don't have a great reputation for Hybrid - if you want a hybrid buy a Toyota!
EV - Cleaner once built, but there are some people who don't think making them is particularly "green".

I think just buy the one that suits your needs best. If company car, go electric - the Benefit in Kind makes them an absolute no-brainer, but if private purchase, and less than 15,000m a year I'd go petrol these days, over 15,000m a year diesel has a good argument for it.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Yes, as above, the car salesman won’t tell you this but make sure you buy the car that suits the kind of motoring you do in my case I’d choose:
- city car; EV or small petrol
- <10k miles a year petrol
- >10k miles a year diesel

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Yes, as above, the car salesman won’t tell you this but make sure you buy the car that suits the kind of motoring you do in my case I’d choose:
- city car; EV or small petrol
- <10k miles a year petrol
- >10k miles a year diesel

Diesel is 15k+, wouldn't touch one for town driving

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
10k a year is probably EV too - I do 18k a year and that's easily within the bounds of EV (My boss does 50k a year and does that in an EV without problems but he does have to consider rapid charging)

10K a year isn't even 1000m a month - that's not even close to what an EV can do without using public charging (all of which assumes you can fit a charger at home of course) but assuming your EV can do 250m (which most can now) and that's easily 1000m a week in an EV without ever once using a public charger.

As I say, I do 18k a year and have only used public charging about 4 times in that time - all the rest has been at work, and public charging is pretty easy now on a long run (if no longer cheap) but home charging is for next to nothing......

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom