Will this connect my ipod

jazzenator

Reaction score
Hello folks.

Surfing on the internet I noticed this web page
http://www.dension.com/oem2.php?car_id=889

it offers a possibility of connecting my ipod to my audio 20. I have a E class 2004 model with audio 20 with no Aux input.

The site says that it is possible with a MOST fiber optic connection. I have tried to do a search on the possible audio 20 connections but so far have drawn blanks. Will anyone comment on whether this connection is possible and whether the audio 20 has a MOST input.

I really value you honest opinions so even little ones might be helpful.

Thanks

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hello folks.

Surfing on the internet I noticed this web page
http://www.dension.com/oem2.php?car_id=889

it offers a possibility of connecting my ipod to my audio 20. I have a E class 2004 model with audio 20 with no Aux input.

The site says that it is possible with a MOST fiber optic connection. I have tried to do a search on the possible audio 20 connections but so far have drawn blanks. Will anyone comment on whether this connection is possible and whether the audio 20 has a MOST input.

I really value you honest opinions so even little ones might be helpful.

Thanks

Your Audio20 will have a MOST bus connection. The Audio 20 has the audio gateway in the head unit unless you have a very very early W211. The MOST bus is used to connect the CD changer, phone controller, linguatronic etc to the head unit. The Dension products normally emulate a Cd changer so if you do deploy one you wont then be able to have a Cd changer!

OP
jazzenator

jazzenator

Reaction score
Guys I think that is good news. My car has a CD player alongwith a multichanger which I will sacrifice to get the Dension installed. I also have a prewired phone cradle which I don't think should be affected. Can you'll confirm that?
Thanks

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom