Wiper Judder

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It's NOT !!!!!!!! GOD KNOWS HOW AMNY TIMES I,VE CLEANED IT NOW !!! iM GONNA TRY VINEGAR

You could clean it with T cut, this would remove all film

OP
Supercharged

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
I've used a very slight cutting compound together with Rain x cream windscreen Cleaner and then rinsed off and then wiped over with vinegar Inc the blades as well
Just got to wait for it to rain again

OP
Supercharged

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
Well i can now report that my wipers are working as normal with no judder whatsoever !
After brutal cleaning of the front windscreen and the bedding in of the new wipers it appears to have settled down
Fingers crossed xxx

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
You could clean it with T cut, this would remove all film

Just resurrecting this thread.

I intend to try the above method for de-smearing my glass as mentioned by Malcolm, but I have a question: I have 2 cutting products here, a paste in a tube which states DO NOT use on glass, and some liquid colour T-cut (I don't have it with me here right now), is this one generally considered safe on glass, ie will not cause lots of fine scratches?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I would only use a product designed for glass. Try Sonus Glass and Chrome polish. Works for me :)

Reaction score
Gulped when I read the use of Fairy liquid on a car - we used to do that years ago for cheapness but the soapy fluid gets into the nooks and crannies and the salt in the cleaning agent begins the rust programme you may have just joined. I have laboured sometimes with a petrol damped rag then windolene - but noticed that petrol no longer so effective against modern road film - ok if you are driving on old roads I suppose - worth a try though.

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
wipers

Yes I had the problem with the drivers side even after new wipers, eventually took it to my local dealer who tweaked the pitch on the blade I guess , somewhat sceptical but hey, its worked and alls been well since

SmoothHound

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK Convertible 230k
I had this very same problem when I first got my merc....very bad judder and squeaking also.........I changed to Halfords own brand of wiper blades and it went.

Didn't even bother cleaning the screen or fiddle with anything.

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
I found Malcolm’s tip of using T-Cut very useful and highly recommend it. After using this and giving the wipers a thorough clean I don't get any patterns appear on the screen when they are in action.

Another thing to mention is when washing the car avoid getting "Wash & Wax" on the windscreen. I use a sponge/rag and mild soap solution to clean the glass. I then use vinegar and hot water to get a smear free finish on the screen and internal glass and use windowlene cream on the other external glass and mirrors.

Lemon's can also be used to clean the wiper blades with good effect.

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
My 2007 W204 has the problem drivers side, ive tried all but only get temporary relief, was going to try other Mfg wipers at sometime

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
My 2007 W204 has the problem drivers side, ive tried all but only get temporary relief, was going to try other Mfg wipers at sometime

Do T cut the screen and use a soapy cloth to clean the blade.

The aero blades sold on Ebay are very good and cheap too

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
How to really clean your windscreen

Okay so I have read a lot on here of how to clean a windscreen. But for me this is the only way and last for a long time.

so go ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05vX-G9iV4

and watch how to clean a screen. Save a lot of problems especially here in the UK with all the grunge on the roads.

Ian

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
There is another called Kerona klarsicht, but although in the UK I can't find it.

DanF

Reaction score
on the other forum they seem to use vodka instead of windscreen washer fluid, have you tried that?

mxs

Reaction score
Okay so I have read a lot on here of how to clean a windscreen. But for me this is the only way and last for a long time.

so go ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05vX-G9iV4

and watch how to clean a screen. Save a lot of problems especially here in the UK with all the grunge on the roads.

Ian

Amazing! I would never have thought that using wire wool without some kind of lubrication was an option. I will be giving it a go soon.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom