Wish things were better

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is only being on here after 5 months of illness that brings the truth out that much of my memory is hiding somewhere, I am starting to have to learn again, its a slow process. Its even hard for me to use WIS, but odd STAR never goes away.

There are so many questions that I thought that I could just answer, just like that, but not the way that things are.

We had an easy question "169 headlamp" you would think that was so easy, I cannot find the headlamps in WIS, well not yet, I will join in where I can, its not just easy, the rotten thing is that I knew it 99% once, I just it all comes back again.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Don't let it worry you Malcolm, the fact you made a post like this is testament to the fact that you want to remember, and still have the drive to learn and help people.

If you learned a thing before, you have the ability to learn it again, and I am sure you will.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I said this to you before and it still applies even more now Malcolm even with what you've been through- you have likely forgotten more than most of us ever knew! Relax a little though and I'm sure even more will come back to you

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I said this to you before and it still applies even more now Malcolm even with what you've been through- you have likely forgotten more than most of us ever knew! Relax a little though and I'm sure even more will come back to you
I'll echo that.
As I was saying to you last night Malcolm - keep trying and it will all come back. The brain is a muscle and it needs exercise and when hurt time to repair. Just keep exercising it and let time do its thing.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Slowly and surely and don't get frustrated Malcolm. It's all there, you're just having to relearn how to access it. It'll come, don't you worry :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Is right Alastair and like a muscle if you push it too hard too quickly you risk a little- it will do its own thing...

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The worst is my 2600 files that I use and send out, are saved on a USB stick and are all now muddled up, they used to be in order making possible to send out in seconds. These were the most used and added, but not now.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, I too would like to echo what the chaps said, also it will be easier, for the time being, to handle face-to-face queries, as human interaction is a great memory booster. I have a bunch of questions for you, when I pop in to see you next time :)

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Help us where you can Malcolm we know from all the years it's usual for you, but don't try too hard.
Enjoy the social side of what we do here, it's great to have you back.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Great to see you posting again Malcolm, I haven't been on here so much since the format changed but I'm gradually warming to it.

I think you're right and some degree of brain retraining and patience will be required to get up to speed again the body treats all invasive treatment as a trauma so time to heal is required.

Find time to relax which is the best tonic at the moment

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
The worst is my 2600 files that I use and send out, are saved on a USB stick and are all now muddled up, they used to be in order making possible to send out in seconds. These were the most used and added, but not now.

We like you being here Malcolm, glad to see you back again.
If you can help that's great, but if you can't, pull up a chair and have a chat whilst other people look up the needed information.

Limit how much you do and each day will get better until you're up to speed again.
Don't get frustrated when you can't find something, a little help now and then when you're up to it would be very much appreciated but only if you feel up to it.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
It will all come back to you gradually Malc. You and your body have been through a lot and you need time to repair things. Take your time, just read the forum in your down time and tell us off when we offer poor advice or info. You'll be back in the swing of things soon enough. In the mean time, look after yourself, don't try to do too much and relax!

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
The forum now has a like button. I've liked the top post to show my appreciation to Malcolm for all the help he's has given over the years.
His post count says it all really but his likes are low due to the feature just starting out.

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
A BIG welcome back Malcolm, so good you are back on the "new format" Forum again. Sad to hear you are unable to drive at the moment but things will get better in time. We have all been motor mad enthusiasts all our lives so to lose one's licence is a bitter pill to swallow. Don't lose hope and stay positive.

BeeJay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 (2008) and Lexus LS 430 (2003)

Hi Malcolm

I have just retired from being the head of the Computer Science department at a University, where I taught on a number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. As a result I know a thing or two about technology. If there is anything I can do to restore your USB stick to its former state, I should be only too happy to help you.

I am at Duxford at the weekend, and if you are also able to be there I am very happy to talk to you about it.

Best wishes

Brendan

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will run a copy if you can do something, thank you

BeeJay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 (2008) and Lexus LS 430 (2003)
Hi Malcom

Can you please bring the original USB stick? I won't need to take it away with me. I will have a laptop and will do the copy myself. In the meantime, it would be best if you did not use it (if you can), so as not to write any further data to the stick.

I will send you a PM with my mobile number. You can call me when you arrive at Duxford and I will come and find you.

Best wishes

Brendan

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Hi Malcolm

Geez I'm like that all the time,
I'm not that old (50) just my memory is becoming selective and remembering stuff it needs to know
and burying deleting the unimportant info.

Keeping up with technology is the tough one especially at the workshop,
but keeping the brain active is very important too, teach an old dog new tricks etc etc.

You will get back to normal, whatever that is,
just don't worry over the memory being patchy and foggy.

:)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Beejay that's a very thoughtful and kind thing to do, i think we can all see that it is this that is causing Malcolm the most stress at the moment and what youre doing will ease his mind a great deal!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
A BIG welcome back Malcolm, so good you are back on the "new format" Forum again. Sad to hear you are unable to drive at the moment but things will get better in time. We have all been motor mad enthusiasts all our lives so to lose one's licence is a bitter pill to swallow. Don't lose hope and stay positive.
Fortunately he still has his licence at the moment. I've been talking to him about how he can fight the battle to keep it. We've also started making plans for if we lose that battle.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom