yellow sludge

loveceramics85

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A190 2001 auto
hi all i am hoping that you can help me out, today i checked my oil and all other fluids when i look in the oil cap and sow a yellow creamy sludge, im not losing any coolant and or oil when i checked oil it is clean i am in the mid of winter here and its the first time this has happened i drive about 350k not sure what that is in miles sorry but thats about each week oh and i had an oil change about 4 months ago :confused:

Ecab14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class/2014/220d
With luck it's condensation. I've seen this with other manufacturers.

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
If not condensation, might be head-gasket.

Rare on an Merc to have head gasket go though.

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
Had this with an M3 and it was actually condensation related. I took it to an indie for a cleanout and had the oil and filter changed. No drama really.

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
Take the car on a good long run then check again. Any condensation should be brunt off during a long drive. Drive it a bit harder during this but dont rev the nuts off it.

hotrodder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 320te, '54 ragtop beetle (in bits)
I'm pretty sure this is normal on A classes, at least several models of them. AIUI the oil filler cap isn't in the rocker cover but a seperate tube that's bolted to the engine. This arrangement means that the filler tube doesn't get as hot as the rest of the engine and kinda creates a condensation trap. Not an MB but i've owned a car that used this style of oil filler before and there was always traces of 'mayo' in it. The only variable was how much... short journies/winter = much more than long journies/summer but it was impossible to eliminate as there was no escape for any condensate and the oil filler tube was always cooler than the engine

OP
L

loveceramics85

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A190 2001 auto
thank you all so much, i took my car for a drive yesturday and there didnt seem to be any problems with her, i took her for a 80km (49.71mile) trip and checked her when she was cool and all i could see what look to be a few sweat/condensation drops in the cap

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
^you should be fine. Just make sure you keep to regular oil changes and use the correct grade oil.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
Is the engine getting fully up to temperature ?

What temp you at ?

Is heater blasting hot air within the first half mile ?

It stuck coolant thermostat will cause your problem.

Top Bottom