Yep! I just Love My Car

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I've had her 4 years now, covered 70K miles and I still look forward to driving her every day! :)

OK, only a 5 pot oil burner but I just love the growl from the exhaust and the firm push in the back as I prod the accelerator

It's a load-lugger but the suspension is reassuringly firm and the car feels solid and planted along the twisty bits

Slipping into the supportive sports seat, enveloped in the rich smell of leather, the ergonomic wood 'n leather steering wheel falling beautifully to hand. Surrounded with all the toys I could wish for (ok, one or two more on the horizon :cool:) I have a HUGE grin on my face

Yes, I just love my Mercedes! :mrgreen:

sBo_jump.gif

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have had my 230 for 2 years and 7 months, and I still love it like I did on the first day, I have only done 16k miles in that time. The top has been down for the last 5 days making the driving completely different. I cant see me ever parting with it as it fits me like a glove. The road holding is improved on the new larger wheels, it just holds a better tighter line on minor roads.

Do you know Peter there are much sillier ways of spending money out there, I have followed all of the mods that you have done, and good on you and why not, you could have got through 4 cars in the time that you have had yours.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Me too!

I took the hardtop off the SL at the weekend. Today I went off to have lunch with some friends about 40 miles away along mixed roads in the West Midlands.

Lovely sunny day, light traffic - driving can still be a pleasure. All the dials were saying the right things - even the fuel gauge did not seem to want to drop. Comfortable and secure handling, and the quicker you drive it, the better it gets.

Unlike some, I have never slept in mine, but I love it none the less!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I've had her 4 years now, covered 70K miles and I still look forward to driving her every day! :)

OK, only a 5 pot oil burner but I just love the growl from the exhaust and the firm push in the back as I prod the accelerator

It's a load-lugger but the suspension is reassuringly firm and the car feels solid and planted along the twisty bits

Slipping into the supportive sports seat, enveloped in the rich smell of leather, the ergonomic wood 'n leather steering wheel falling beautifully to hand. Surrounded with all the toys I could wish for (ok, one or two more on the horizon :cool:) I have a HUGE grin on my face

sBo_jump.gif

I think the 270 was a good choice, bags of power for such a small light car! glad to hear of a happy owner!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

I only did that as I was a little concerned that it would be happy in a strange garage on the first night

P

PanzerMcGrory

I took the hardtop off the SL at the weekend. Today I went off to have lunch with some friends about 40 miles away along mixed roads in the West Midlands.

Lovely sunny day, light traffic - driving can still be a pleasure. All the dials were saying the right things - even the fuel gauge did not seem to want to drop. Comfortable and secure handling, and the quicker you drive it, the better it gets.

Ive slept in a few cars but only because some bitch has locked my front door when i have come home blitzed after a twelve hour bender, its when you say you have slept "WITH" a car i would get worried.
Strange phrase "slept with" as thats the last thing you might have done, though with some of the sacks of sh#t i have been with i wished that was the first thing i did.

BRABUS R230

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BRABUS SL55 K8 (R230), SL500 (R129), B Class B200 CDi, VW T5 Transporter.
Yes, I too just love my Mercedes!

sBo_jump.gif

I also love my Mercedes they give me so much joy!
my wife of over 20 years cannot understand it (but my cars do)
My 500 SL is so beautiful, what a lovley car, smooth power delivery, great curves and when I take it's top off to go topless everybody cant keep there eyes off it, my wife often says she feels she has to compete with my Mercedes and its hard for her (I can understand her point)

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I also love my Mercedes they give me so much joy!
my wife of over 20 years cannot understand it (but my cars do)
My 500 SL is so beautiful, what a lovley car, smooth power delivery, great curves and when I take it's top off to go topless everybody cant keep there eyes off it, my wife often says she feels she has to compete with my Mercedes and its hard for her (I can understand her point)

I'm sure if she took her top off nobody could keep their eyes off her either! :cool::mrgreen::mrgreen:

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I think the 270 was a good choice, bags of power for such a small light car! glad to hear of a happy owner!!

Yes, definately agree :)

I just wanted to share with others my pleasure in owning a Mercedes.

A "feel good" thread for a change :mrgreen:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
and me

took the kids to school in the SL today, and then me to work. Smiles and smiles and smiles all around, and being let out of side roads and into traffic and easy lane changes. It could be time to take the roof off for the topless season.
I like our others a lot as well, but in weather like this with the sun out, the SL aces it.

britnordic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 SLK 200 & 2013 E Class 220
Whitenemesis
What a difference the weather makes.. Been searching for a replacement over the past few weeks, then the sun shines, roof opens and I wonder if I should keep her ! Mine's pre facelift and not many toys, but on days like these a journey of 150 miles or so becomes a pleasure.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
What a great post

....even with a basic Classic I get the same 'kick', 'feel good factor' whatever it is I just love it...:cool:

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 SLK 230K & 2003 ML270 CDI Inspiration
I have only been driving mine for just under 2 weeks, but I can't get the grin off my face!
I soo love it, can't wait to get in it and drive home from work tonight with the roof down.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom