Yet another how much question

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The old man has bought a 211 E220cdi so now the plates have been transferred, my beloved C220 is finally up for sale, just not sure how much to ask.

1995 (N) C220 petrol Elegance auto in Silver (what else!).
88k miles
Usual stuff on board EW, CC, ESR, RHR, Remote alarm and locking, Mint bodywork, Headlight wash wipe, traction control (rare extra at this year), good tyres, decent Sony stereo with 10CD, Nokia phone.
Main dealer service to 40k then normal garage, but gearbox oil change done at both 40k (main dealer) and 80k by mechanic. Servicing done on the button every 9k.
This is a much loved car (not that that's worth anything!) Been with us since 1998, bought from the dealer as a signature car, run by me for 2 1/2 years and then sold to my Dad who's loved her ever since. Over that time, she's never been near a bodyshop, though the chips boys did attend to a stone chip on the rear door.
Everything works perfectly, the only fault is the SRS light has recently come on. We are getting it investigated but given she only has the 1 airbag, I suspect it's just the contact ring and we'll sort that if we get a decent offer.

Any ideas on price (we're thinking 2,400 ish - fair?) or anyone interested?

cheers
JB

OP
jberks

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sankey said:
think you are about £1000 over priced,have a look in auto trader
Rather hard to tell.
Yes, they do have an L reg 220 for £950 which I assume is ready for the breakers given that the description doesn't even run to the mileage, but they also have a 200 elegance manual for £2k with higher mileage and lower spec, an older 180 sport manual (complete shed in comparison with ours) also for £2k, a 180 elegance, similar age and mileage for £2,850 and a 200 sport for £2995. So how do you pick a price? £2400 was ranged in the middle, though I'm still toying with buying it back and keeping it myself - just haven't got anywhere to store it and to be fair, these cars need to be used every day!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
In this instance I would not really go with the autotrader prices. I would advertise it locally and if there is sufficient traffic flow park it outside the house with large signes in the window. I've sold all of my recent cars that way as have my neighbours. I think that £2,475 and some room to haggle may be a good start. I had the same issues with my wifes car last September prices ranging from £400 to £2500 at a dealer. I sold it for £1975 after it had been parked outside for less than 1hr.
Only problem at the moment is that there are just so many cars for sale.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
jberks said:
The old man has bought a 211 E220cdi so now the plates have been transferred, my beloved C220 is finally up for sale, just not sure how much to ask.

1995 (N) C220 petrol Elegance auto in Silver (what else!).
88k miles
Usual stuff on board EW, CC, ESR, RHR, Remote alarm and locking, Mint bodywork, Headlight wash wipe, traction control (rare extra at this year), good tyres, decent Sony stereo with 10CD, Nokia phone.
Main dealer service to 40k then normal garage, but gearbox oil change done at both 40k (main dealer) and 80k by mechanic. Servicing done on the button every 9k.
This is a much loved car (not that that's worth anything!) Been with us since 1998, bought from the dealer as a signature car, run by me for 2 1/2 years and then sold to my Dad who's loved her ever since. Over that time, she's never been near a bodyshop, though the chips boys did attend to a stone chip on the rear door.
Everything works perfectly, the only fault is the SRS light has recently come on. We are getting it investigated but given she only has the 1 airbag, I suspect it's just the contact ring and we'll sort that if we get a decent offer.

Any ideas on price (we're thinking 2,400 ish - fair?) or anyone interested?

cheers
JB

There is often some dreadful not-looked-after tat on autotrader but at knockdown prices. I imagine your car will be well looked after and in at least average condition. Hugely affects price. Best guide in my view is: -
http://www.used-mercedescars.co.uk
which covers loads of Merc dealers and numerous independents as well. Use the search engine for C class, put in your postcode, say prepared to travel nationwide and choose C classes from 0 to £10,000. You get a good selection (I got 83 and plenty were your sort of age and mileage and mainly selling for £3k or more. Your price sounds about right to me and better than a dealer would charge (though they would guarantee of course). Mercs seem to have done well on e-bay lately -I've followed several going for sensible money.:)

eyelight

Reaction score
OP
jberks

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
eyelight said:
hawk20 said:
Best guide in my view is: -
http://www.used-mercedescars.co.uk
which covers loads of Merc dealers and numerous independents as well.

I had a look at that site and did a quick search for an E class, and found this http://www.used-mercedescars.co.uk/usedcardetails-t-autotrader-u-13015-v-atf26241.html
A W124 E220 with a T reg. They call it a 1999.
What's up with that?
There were a few 124's registered long after the 210 was introduced. I belive they were manufactured elsewhere and imported here. I can't remember the details but it's genuine. For those who love the 124, it's a great option!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom