Really???

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Got to love them traffic wardens. Got a ticket today, which I shall try and appeal (like that's gonna work). I could have moved back a couple of inches and blocked the car in behind me (they were tight against the car behind them) or suffered yet more scrapes to my car; but no, being a courteous chap I thought I'd give them a sporting chance.

Still the counci8l assure me that it's not a money making scheme, but simply to ensure the safety of all road users. So I guess I'll have to stop parking so dangerously! Rant over!

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 115

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Good luck with the fight . Nice wheels by the way :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Sorry to see this but like you I don’t think you will get it rescinded unfortunately, you would probably have been asked to move on had you been sat in the car

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
You are more than a little over the line...and that car behind better be a reasonable driver for all the room you have allowed them...as a courteous chap.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I know where you are coming from but the double yellow line starts at a point and you are over it :(

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
To be honest chap that doesn’t look good, maybe a mini or Fiat 500 would have fitted that space, but it wasn’t adequate for an E Class in my opinion - don’t know how much space the white car had behind you to reverse but he wouldn’t have gotten out of the space between your vehicle and his without that. I suspect it’s that which has prompted the warden to issue a ticket, you may have gotten away otherwise.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Does it count from the wheels or the car hanging over?

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
You could always sat that you parked inside the lines and someone behind you must have nudged you forward to get in or out while you were away.

I just refuse to take my car into Edinburgh now. The parkies are like "flies around a sh*te". I recently collected two new bikes at Canonmills and parked in the clearly marked "Loading Area" outside the shop. There were two empty loading spaces behind me, so there was no competition for the space and the street wasn't busy. The bikes were already propped just inside the shop door and the rear hatch was open. I had just stepped over the pavement and inside the shop when a parkie literally fell out of the sky and started taking pictures of the car. I went straight out with a bike and he asked me if I was loading or not. He stood at the passenger door for about ten minutes and watched me take the wheels and seats off then load and secure everything. I closed the car and went to collect the receipts. When I came out he was taking pictures and logging the time because I wasn't loading any more and he determined that I was shopping. The manager came out of the shop and started having a go because he had had about ten customers done in the past month for parking in a clearly marked loading bay while they were in collecting or delivering their bikes. I was lucky and didn't get a ticket.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Really, I thought that it was wheels and your bodywork could overhang?
Really not certain though...
I've been taking some chances if your right...
I was of the opinion that it was only the wheels too :rolleyes: I must have been lucky then. It wouldn't happen in our town anyway, we havn't got any traffic wardens, people do just what they like here !! :rolleyes:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
You could always sat that you parked inside the lines and someone behind you must have nudged you forward to get in or out while you were away.

I just refuse to take my car into Edinburgh now. The parkies are like "flies around a sh*te". I recently collected two new bikes at Canonmills and parked in the clearly marked "Loading Area" outside the shop. There were two empty loading spaces behind me, so there was no competition for the space and the street wasn't busy. The bikes were already propped just inside the shop door and the rear hatch was open. I had just stepped over the pavement and inside the shop when a parkie literally fell out of the sky and started taking pictures of the car. I went straight out with a bike and he asked me if I was loading or not. He stood at the passenger door for about ten minutes and watched me take the wheels and seats off then load and secure everything. I closed the car and went to collect the receipts. When I came out he was taking pictures and logging the time because I wasn't loading any more and he determined that I was shopping. The manager came out of the shop and started having a go because he had had about ten customers done in the past month for parking in a clearly marked loading bay while they were in collecting or delivering their bikes. I was lucky and didn't get a ticket.

cant comment about Scotland, but here in England, a loading bay can be used for 20 mins. or at least that was the case last I heard. things may have changed since then

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
cant comment about Scotland, but here in England, a loading bay can be used for 20 mins. or at least that was the case last I heard. things may have changed since then
i think it’s still the same Pete and also in Scotland

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Bit ignorant this, Ive seen punch up's with more room than you left them.
There's probably a Fiat 500 forum somewhere with "Really" Mercedes driver blah blah blah.

index.php

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Plenty of room to get the Fiat out of that gap :rolleyes: not enough room to park a Mercedes E Class in the space you parked though ;)

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)

That's just arrogance from the warden. I've had a ticket before for parking in a loading bay and 'not loading'. Problem was that I was loading, but I refused to leave my car wide open on a busy main road to be robbed and then being unable to claim on insurance as the vehicle was not secure. I obtained an invoice from the shop I was parked outside (and was inside) and they quashed the ticket.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Out of interest I'm back in the UK soon for a week and will have to drive/park and what is the correct amount of room and parking etiquette? Here the amount given above is positively generous, I regularly have to get out with 3 inches either side - I once got in with only 8" spare, though we are "allowed" to touch park here.

Now it stresses me parking in the UK as I have no idea where the rear bumper is on my car as here it is simply reverse gently until you touch. Though I am pretty sure that reversing to a touch at a very low speed does no damage whatsoever but wouldn't try it unless that's the done thing (it used to be in parts of london)? Here the damage picked up is from when people scuff the front corner when exiting a parking space, or the more moronic version of touch park which is reverse at 10mph until you hear a bang. I've seen a transit do that to my car before and cave his bumper in while the good old reinforced W124 bumper stayed straight...

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Out of interest I'm back in the UK soon for a week and will have to drive/park and what is the correct amount of room and parking etiquette? Here the amount given above is positively generous, I regularly have to get out with 3 inches either side - I once got in with only 8" spare, though we are "allowed" to touch park here.

Now it stresses me parking in the UK as I have no idea where the rear bumper is on my car as here it is simply reverse gently until you touch. Though I am pretty sure that reversing to a touch at a very low speed does no damage whatsoever but wouldn't try it unless that's the done thing (it used to be in parts of london)? Here the damage picked up is from when people scuff the front corner when exiting a parking space, or the more moronic version of touch park which is reverse at 10mph until you hear a bang. I've seen a transit do that to my car before and cave his bumper in while the good old reinforced W124 bumper stayed straight...

Are you serious?

I would be really p****d off if someone touch parked my car, I would also be annoyed if not left enough room to manoeuvre my car.

Can you post on here where you will be driving/parking please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom