What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Drove from Maastricht to valkenburgh with the otherhalf and the boys in convoy! Meet up with our Craig and family in Aachen for the xmas markets, sat back at hotel having a few beers now.....
We ended up with a hot chocolate apiece. Two snoring kidlets now. Great day, Maastricht a much nicer Xmas market than Aachen due to having about half a million fewer people in it!

7.8km walked and 1.5hrs of public transport... damn that park & ride!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Mother f****r. That’s almost identical to the damage to my 212... luckily it buffed out.

He had no idea he had hit my car, his wife got out and said "I didn't feel anything", his car had a few bumps on including one right next to the drivers rear parking sensor!!!!

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
He had no idea he had hit my car, his wife got out and said "I didn't feel anything", his car had a few bumps on including one right next to the drivers rear parking sensor!!!!

Sorry to hear about the knock mate. Sounds like they have done this before but fingers crossed for you that insurers sort it for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chillbilly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109cdi lwb
I went on a road trip drove in my vito 109 .drove 1/12 hours stopped for a hour then drove for a hour half stopped ten mins jumped back in went to start engine turns sounds like it want to fire up .I had new fuel filter n it has half tank of fuel,

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I went on a road trip drove in my vito 109 .drove 1/12 hours stopped for a hour then drove for a hour half stopped ten mins jumped back in went to start engine turns sounds like it want to fire up .I had new fuel filter n it has half tank of fuel,

Anyone got any clue on Chilliman’s Vito non/start problem so he can start posting cool stuff he did with his Merc? He recently had injector work done too.

Chillbilly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109cdi lwb
Anyone got any clue on Chilliman’s Vito non/start problem so he can start posting cool stuff he did with his Merc? He recently had injector work done too.

Thank you I have done all that has been advised but still not starting

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you I have done all that has been advised but still not starting

So all fuses check out? I am not familiar with that engine but would stand to reason that there would be a fuse for the injectors. Have you checked that? As you have already checked for diesel smell in engine bay (checked under engine for leak yet) I am thinking of the possibility fuel isn’t getting to the engine. Second possibility with recent injector work is an air-lock in the system/air getting in but as you were driving before hand I see this as unlikely and I would have thought a noticeable leak for enough air to get in.

You notice how long the coil symbol on the dash has been sitting there recently before going out?

Chillbilly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109cdi lwb
So all fuses check out? I am not familiar with that engine but would stand to reason that there would be a fuse for the injectors. Have you checked that? As you have already checked for diesel smell in engine bay (checked under engine for leak yet) I am thinking of the possibility fuel isn’t getting to the engine. Second possibility with recent injector work is an air-lock in the system/air getting in but as you were driving before hand I see this as unlikely and I would have thought a noticeable leak for enough air to get in.

You notice how long the coil symbol on the dash has been sitting there recently before going out?

Thanks everyone but it was crank censor a guy on fb Mercedes-Benz owner club s site

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks everyone but it was crank censor a guy on fb Mercedes-Benz owner club s site

Good to know, how did you work around it?

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Took censor plug off wiggled wires put back on ..started on the nose

Sweet, for the benefit of other members try to get a pic and post it to the forum under a thread

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Chickened out and took the 55 to the hand car wash.......:oops:
They don't do too bad a job I suppose :rolleyes:
Plus I was able to download the 500 and 55, oh and the E240 pictures from PB :D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom