Any F1 fans

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
You'd think they would know that pointing the exhausts down like that would generate a lot of lift though wouldn't you...? ;)

It’s not got the rear diffuser attached. I believe that’s why they got banned as they were directing the flow over the rear diffuser.

That and they didn’t trust John! :p

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It’s not got the rear diffuser attached. I believe that’s why they got banned as they were directing the flow over the rear diffuser.

That and they didn’t trust John! :p
They don’t call me honest John for nothing...wait a minute they don’t call me John :p

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The other thing to bear in mind is that getting in isn't the problem.

Are the Halos permanently attached to the car or are the bolt on after the driver has sat in?? If they are permanent it will be a hell of a step to "get a leg over"

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I’m almost certain they’re permanently attached. They can withstand the weight of a double decker bus. So be surprised if that bolts on after. But this is the pinnacle of technology and these F1 chaps/chapesses are V clever.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I’m almost certain they’re permanently attached. They can withstand the weight of a double decker bus. So be surprised if that bolts on after. But this is the pinnacle of technology and these F1 chaps/chapesses are V clever.

So they will hoist them in.

Interesting to see Indy Cars are going with the Aero Screen by using the people that make Apache screens to design and manufacture one

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Jon, it seems that they get in the car with the Halo attached, well Daniel Ric did in the Silverstone drive today on the new RB14. So I think they must all get in that way.

Top Bottom