What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
But you didn't have to exclusively eat out at the Ponderosa ;);)
True Keith but on this trip surprisingly not once! They’re now Ponderosa/Bonanza- we wanted to but time defeated us
No, our experience was the Disney dining plan so all on site or park restraunts apart from one Hard Rock Cafe night...
Whereas my normal Lamb Phall tonight was tastyyyyyyy!!:)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
This is the second time in two weeks I have cleaned my steering wheel. I am a bit of a hygiene freak so I am sure it's not from me. So where does it all come from. It is probably so deeply engrained that I will get off this sort of muck every time I do it :eek:

View attachment 45109

What kind of wipe is that Andy? Perhaps it's a little to abrasive, is that only dirt or some of the pigment from the wheel you're lifting off?

I clean my steering wheel with a damp chamois approx twice a week and don't lift anything like that sort of dirt. Plus you can "feel" that it's clean.

Last edited:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Bonked her up the kerb ... :(:(
Luckily managed to slow to 15 to 20 mph, and went up the slope of a dropped kerb and down the other sloped kerb of the next driveway.
So no major drama, no visible tyre damage nor wheel damage.
And thankfully it was one of those very low 3” kerbs.

Funny how you just “know” some idiot is going to come out!

He came up to the halt white line too fast, and as he came out, I just knew he would come on my side. ... and he did.

Sadly the poor lady behind me was not so lucky he clipped her front wing badly, creased both her doors ... and then p*ssed off.
I stopped and reviewed the front camera with her ... it just missed his front number plate! Couldnt quite see it.
And sadly due to the angle, her car obsured his rear number plate ... serious bad luck the angles were just wrong.
But at least she knows its a green LR Discovery ! Obviously with her red paint all over his bumper and front wing.

As he came out of a fairly small side road, I suggested she cruise around that area, cos she might find him. Or at least go back and watch at the same time as it was evening rush hour.

I just hope my alignment could take going up the slope and down the other slope at < 20 mph. All Feels fine.

After the wifes hit and run, I truly hate these pigs that dont stop!
Felt so sorry for the lady, as it was a 2010 Honda ... so she obviously didn't have pots of money to weather it!

Last edited:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
It isn’t bacon. It’s an extruded substance very similar to pub Frazzles, just cooked less briskly.

Yep always best to stick with a nice slab of chlorinated Chicken!

What never ceases to amaze me is all the US TV shows show gorgeous babes, even the Lab Technicians are Baywatch standard totty, with designer kitten boots.

But the reality is there are so many grossly overweight folks!

.... and then you see the portions ... no wonder! :):)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
After the wifes hit and run, I truly hate these pigs that don't stop!
Felt so sorry for the lady, as it was a 2010 Honda ... so she obviously didn't have pots of money to weather it!

My Mum used to say "what goes around, comes around" to which I'd reply "unfortunately I won't be there to see it though".

Personally I think anyone who does this should be shot .....repeatedly.....ankles.....kneecaps.....elbows and hands. It's the catching the bar stewards that's the hard part though.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Yep always best to stick with a nice slab of chlorinated Chicken!

What never ceases to amaze me is all the US TV shows show gorgeous babes, even the Lab Technicians are Baywatch standard totty, with designer kitten boots.

But the reality is there are so many grossly overweight folks!

.... and then you see the portions ... no wonder! :):)

What made me laugh was, where I worked, on one side there was the Hawaiian Tropic factory, corporate offices and a daily parade of utter stunners in swimsuits... and on the other side was a Dunkin’ Donuts with a captive audience of the local call centre employees, who were of the... more portly side of the fence.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Took it to Kwik Fit for a hunter alignment.
Mistake.
They did the alignment and I glanced at the paperwork and noticed the settings used were for an r230. Pointed out that was the next generation SL from mine..
They put it back on the machine and I was asked if I'd watch over the technicians shoulder as he did it. I ended up telling him to do it as he hadn't realised the 129 is fully adjustable as standard.
At least I know everything is aligned right (and it was nice being able to point at stuff and not get my hands dirty!)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Took it to Kwik Fit for a hunter alignment.
Mistake.
They did the alignment and I glanced at the paperwork and noticed the settings used were for an r230. Pointed out that was the next generation SL from mine..
They put it back on the machine and I was asked if I'd watch over the technicians shoulder as he did it. I ended up telling him to do it as he hadn't realised the 129 is fully adjustable as standard.
At least I know everything is aligned right (and it was nice being able to point at stuff and not get my hands dirty!)

What good is all the latest and greatest, if they have no idea how to use it!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Indeed! At least identify the car correctly!!!
When I had an alignment done at Tyres Northampton three years ago, I had to point out that, they should select Sports suspension, not standard from the list (or at least ask the owner, or check by VIN) ... Now I just go to Tony @ WiM, not exactly next door, but well worth it, for the peace of mind and excellent service.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When I had an alignment done at Tyres Northampton three years ago, I had to point out that, they should select Sports suspension, not standard from the list (or at least ask the owner, or check by VIN) ... Now I just go to Tony @ WiM, not exactly next door, but well worth it, for the peace of mind and excellent service.

Where is Tony at WiM's place David?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks sir, sadly a bit more than a half hour drive away from me plus, the state of our roads, by the time I got home the alignment would be out again anyway. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I share that concern too ... Roads here are shocking!

Top Bottom