Old woman drivers

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I can only speak from personal experience - I have had a couple of "no fault" claims that have been fixed under my fully comp insurance, all costs including my excess have been recovered from at fault's insurers, and it has not adversly affected my renewal.

Under a 2 claims per 3yrs rule?

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your misfortune , Malcolm . As with others , I would let your insurance pursue hers for cost of repairs .

Don't suppose there was any CCTV in the car park , this might provide good evidence to back up your claim ? The shop might be sympathetic , especially if you were a legitimate customer and she was only using their car park to visit the doc next door .

At least make sure her insurers become aware of the incident - if she has a history of 'bumps' or has some more , they might at least bump up her premium or decline to renew , effectively pricing her off the road .

While it is bad enough she hit your nice car - next time it could be a child she reverses into .

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
Under a 2 claims per 3yrs rule?

It does not matter how many non-fault claims you have as long as all costs are recovered from the other side then no claims have been met by your insurers and your NCD will not be affected . Some insurers might still , under certain circumstances , try to weigh your renewal premium nonetheless .

I had three non-fault claims over three years with all monies ( eventually ) recovered from the other parties and it did not increase my premiums .

R W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 E320cdi/ Sclass 2012 350cdi
Sorry to hear about your car Malcolm. Generally I have a live & let live attitude but a slight accident changed my oppinion & any accident now I would report to my insurance & police.A few years ago my wife was traveling into the city & the traffic was heavy as it was Xmas & rush hr.Another car pulled out in front of her & hit her car.The driver admitted it was his fault & as the damage wasnt serious he said he would pay & not go through his insurance. As it was Xmas & New Year it took a couple of weeks for me to contact the man.I explained if he was paying himself I would buy the parts & fit them.After doing this the cost came to 175pounds. I phoned the guy & told him the cost & he said he thought the damage would only be 50pounds or less. He then denied all knowlege of any accident. My attitude now would be to report any accident

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I phoned the guy & told him the cost & he said he thought the damage would only be 50pounds or less. He then denied all knowledge of any accident. My attitude now would be to report any accident

Likewise. In 1967 I was hit at slow speed by another motorist in a car park. As he hit me he was turning to wave to the passenger he had just dropped off - but I could not avoid him. He immediately agreed his liability and said that, to avoid an insurance claim and loss of his NCD, he would pay for the cost of my repairs.

When I phoned him that evening, he had changed his mind completely, got quite stroppy and refused to honour his previous undertaking.

The collision happened in the car park of the hospital in which I was working, outside the porters' lodge. I went to see the porters the following day to seek a witness. Three of them had seen what happened.

Confronted with the evidence the villain rolled over and agreed to pay - but still in cash.

As luck would have it, one of my chums had his own body shop. The repairs were effected correctly, as were the fitting of new fog lights and seat belts (neither of which had been involved). An invoice was prepared for the "Repairs as agreed", which the villain paid without further question.

Well, he started it! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
Sorry to hear about you car Malc....you must be quite cheesed off....about 2 years ago I restored a little Suzuki motorcycle, I went to our local hardware shop on it, whilst in there I heard a crashing noise outside the shop door, went to look and an old lady driver had reversed over my bike and was about to drive off!!

I shouted for her to stop!! which she did, she then casually got out of her car and in a plummy voice told me not to shout at her....and that "it is only a motorbike" on that note she got back into her car and drove off!!

It is easy to say oh you should have done this or that in the cold light of day......but I was speechless with rage, and shocked at her nerve......I did not pursue it, after all it was only a motorbike!!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
It is easy to say oh you should have done this or that in the cold light of day......but I was speechless with rage, and shocked at her nerve......I did not pursue it, after all it was only a motorbike!!

Well Jim, that explains the "mad"! (it is also easier to spell than incandescent).

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
Well Jim, that explains the "mad"! (it is also easier to spell than incandescent).

Don't start with the big words Alex!! The spelling police will be round!! incandescent?? is that something to do with candles? or am I thinking of something else??

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well the good news , she has been in contact with her insurers, and I have all of the details. The not such good news is that the number plate mounting surround may not be made any more, the part number is no longer on the list A230 885 07 81 others are shown so I do not know till Monday, if it cannot be replaced with the same one, the the front bumper will have to came off and be re sprayed owing to the dig smack in the front, and my car has the AMG kit

Jon Stead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda Accord, Renault Captur, Suzuki Burgman, Honda CB 500
Don't start with the big words Alex!! The spelling police will be round!! incandescent?? is that something to do with candles? or am I thinking of something else??

Hey there Mercmadjim I see you have a CB250 G5 1974 - I had one of those in 1976. Mine was blue "N reg". I loved that bike until the overhead camshaft siezed!

The G5 wasn't as fast as the CB250 K series that preceded it though.

My dream bike at that time was the CB750 4 and if one came along at a reasonable price today I would consider buying it.

I have a VFR 750 presently.

(Apologies for posting this in the "Little OLd Ladies" thread)

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
As luck would have it, one of my chums had his own body shop. The repairs were effected correctly, as were the fitting of new fog lights and seat belts (neither of which had been involved). An invoice was prepared for the "Repairs as agreed", which the villain paid without further question.

Well, he started it! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

here we go again! defending the indefensible - so who exactly is the villain ?

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Then find something to play with and let the grownups have a chat.

3 Cheers fer Roadhog!!!!............ I aint posted in ages coz of the "Children" being "on Board" .........(No PUN intended)

Michael.............. Go play with yer Lego bricks for a while will you as Roadhog said the GROWN UPS want to talk !!!!!!!!!!!!

Better still...... go join www.themgzr.co.uk you'll fit right in there.............& be careful what you post........... I OWN THAT FORUM so I'll be watchin you closely

Don't believe me ???? ..........Go check who the Cheif Admin is on there ....You'll find its ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
3 Cheers fer Roadhog!!!!............ I aint posted in ages coz of the "Children" being "on Board" .........(No PUN intended)

Michael.............. Go play with yer Lego bricks for a while will you as Roadhog said the GROWN UPS want to talk !!!!!!!!!!!!

Better still...... go join www.themgzr.co.uk you'll fit right in there.............& be careful what you post........... I OWN THAT FORUM so I'll be watchin you closely

Don't believe me ???? ..........Go check who the Cheif Admin is on there ....You'll find its ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
join the mgzr forum :lol:that's a harsh punishment .......... it would be more humane to shot him :lol:

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Well the good news , she has been in contact with her insurers, and I have all of the details. The not such good news is that the number plate mounting surround may not be made any more, the part number is no longer on the list A230 885 07 81 others are shown so I do not know till Monday, if it cannot be replaced with the same one, the the front bumper will have to came off and be re sprayed owing to the dig smack in the front, and my car has the AMG kit

That is the only satisfactory outcome. We seem to have got the linch mob syndrome this January with many wanting to hang old ladies and speeding mechanics. We have all made errors of judgement at various times of our lives and for the most part no one gets hurt and we get away with our errors. Most of us learn so much from our mistakes and we must hope that the old lady and the speeding mechanic will do just that. If the parking incident had happened to me I would have been furious but I would have recognised that it would not have been deliberate, even if it was seemingly incompetent, as I believe you have Malcolm (leave more than 25ft. in future !!!!!).
It seemed to me that until this post that the biggest crime was the old lady's apparent dismissive attitude to the incident but it would seem that she was probably and understandably simply cross with herself. She has possibly given herself a good talking to and done the right thing.
S**t happens unfortunately.

Mic

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport

WOW. Impressive...powerhungry and shouting post:evil:

6pot

Sorry to hear about the bump malcolm. Re the no plate plynth, you might have to order one in a different colour code and have it sprayed in silver. the standard ones are "textured" i think. good luck anyhow.:)

lakeside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124/1996/280
Wow what a mean spirited thread. Totally out of proportion. Loads of outrage and calls for retribution. For a broken number plate ffs. It's like reading the Daily Mail.
And why the nastiness to young Michael G 2? He's no more childish than most peeps here, and none of us know his true circumstances. There is an ignore function if you don't like his posts. I'm using it to try and filter out the Daily Wailers. Hopefully they're using it on me too :D

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
MGZR club eh? Now that is for kids:twisted:

& Roofless........... I was being honest ....I REALLY DO own www.themgzr.co.uk

But to be fair ...........I do have " A few Youngsters" running it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 6 years ago & I thought I'd "get into" this Forum thing..my daughter owned a MGZR then so I thought Hell Why Not!!!

Still going I think .............not logged on there fer over 12 months!!!!!

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
BUGGER!!!............I just tried to log on over there

Forgot me Password............ Arse..Can't be bothered!!!!

Top Bottom