Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Little boys should be seen and not heard!!!

****, not heard that saying in a few years!!!!

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Malcolm, your excess should not come into the discussion - her fault, her insurance to pay out, no penalty on your insurance - even if you get it fixed on your fully comp, your insurers will recover all costs - including your excess - from her insurers!

Knowing how expensive MB's can be to fix, I'm sure you can get a suitable repair estimate from a reputable MB dealer (is there such a thing?) or indie....And I'd hazard a guess it could be for more than £500 - at MB rates it would cost that just to remove and replace the bumper!

PS - on that note, it's friday night so I'm off to the pub to drown your sorrows!!

Be careful..it's a no CLAIMS bonus and excess, not a no BLAMES!:D

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
I remember once that we suggested that we have a " lost the plot" smiley...this seems to be a perfect occasion to use one. This post is about malcolms accident, not personal abuse and MOTs:rolleyes:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Its also about facts,

But i could be wrong???

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I went out for some milk, and parked up,,just getting back into the car and bang, a lady revering into a 25ft gap reversed into me.

She gets out and says,,oh its only the number plate and you can sellotape that back on. And the number plate holder I asked and the back plate and the number plate.

When I get back home and take it all off I see that the paint is quite badly scratched, and the top coat removed

So now the £60 for the holder, £60 for the back plate, £20 for the number plate and now a bumper off and respray it looks very expensive

DSC00361.jpg

Sorry to hear the bad news Malcolm ---you have our sympathy!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Malcolm .I'm sure you could do a nice neat blow in there where those marks are and fit the bits n bobs yourself.. Im sure the old dear didn't intend to damage your car.... I get quite a bit of work from a few of my elderly customers...similar prangs to yours... and the thing that comes across mostly is how stupid they feel about having caused damage to someones car.. and they do realise it is because they are getting on in years.. Remember one day you'll be old yourself and make silly remarks like Michael G2

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Malcolm .I'm sure you could do a nice neat blow in there where those marks are and fit the bits n bobs yourself.. Im sure the old dear didn't intend to damage your car.... I get quite a bit of work from a few of my elderly customers...similar prangs to yours... and the thing that comes across mostly is how stupid they feel about having caused damage to someones car.. and they do realise it is because they are getting on in years.. Remember one day you'll be old yourself and make silly remarks like Michael G2

It is impossible to blow in, the is a deep one deep mark where the number plate holder dug in, the clear is not the same colour. All together there are 5 grazes where the clear has been badly scraped,,it does not show up on the photo. Yes I can remove the bumper and flat it ready for painting so the cost in my case is minimal,or the cheapest that it can be done, just the cost of the number plate holder £40 and the backing plate £????

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Got a standard backing plate at work if you want it malc!!!!

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Thats a bit OTT, once you have a car, you'll release the vast inconvience that would cause.

Once a year is fine. TBH I'd rather see a "winter tyre" law than more nanny state interfering.

Eh?? What would that be then? If not Nanny state??

The Germans have repealed that law and now it is the driver's call. Mind you have an accident and it's deemed due to lack of control and you're toast!

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Got a standard backing plate at work if you want it malc!!!!

My one is shaped to fit the bumper, and it is the AMG front,,thank you for the offer The part number is on it but not the same as on the EPC

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Be careful..it's a no CLAIMS bonus and excess, not a no BLAMES!:D

I can only speak from personal experience - I have had a couple of "no fault" claims that have been fixed under my fully comp insurance, all costs including my excess have been recovered from at fault's insurers, and it has not adversly affected my renewal.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom