1994 E320 problem

Ash145

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to move my much loved bit not well looked after E320, I haven't started her for a over a year and tried at the weekend with no joy :(. Tried booster pack which turns over no problem but can't hear the fuel pump vacume kick in, I think its that as I'm sure I used to hear something make a noise when I turnrd the key. Problem is I need to move the car and it's in Park. Is there any way to get it into neutral so I can potentially tow the car.

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
with the key turned and brake depressed is should go into neutral. Could just be the fuel pump relay, I think its a little green fellow on that model near the battery.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Battery or booster supply at 12v[important]. as above Ignition on-- foot on brake pedal---move lever to neutral

OP
A

Ash145

Reaction score
Fuel Relay?

Is there any way of checking the feul pump relay?. My E320 1994 will start by simply manually pouring fuel into the inlet manifold :shock: but not any other way. I can hear the pump vacume kick in when I turn the key but doesn't appear to be any fuel in the fule lines. Could it be the pump or the relay??..

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom