2017 General Election duplicate voting.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
So apparently there is evidence of duplicate voting by students which is now being investigated. Surely if this is found to be true then it could change the election result. Potentially the duplicate voting resulted in all parties losing and gaining seats and it has cost the taxpayer £1billion that Theresa May had to send to Northern Ireland.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
It would have had to have been on an epic scale though to really make much of a difference?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
It would have had to have been on an epic scale though to really make much of a difference?
And if it was on an epic scale it would impossible to keep that quiet

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Not really. A few thousand here, a few hundred there. FPTP remember, all they need to do is win a majority for each MP. The same thing was found recently with the POTUS elections last year across Florida, some counties having several thousand "duplicated" votes- all DNC voters too oddly.

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I have read that we could be talking thousands given the huge number of additional voters that suddenly registered in University cities just in time for the General election.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Not really. A few thousand here, a few hundred there. FPTP remember, all they need to do is win a majority for each MP. The same thing was found recently with the POTUS elections last year across Florida, some counties having several thousand "duplicated" votes- all DNC voters too oddly.

A couple of councils were won by under 100 votes, if there was duplicate voting then it could massively change the results. Kensington & Chelsea (Labour won by 20 votes after 3 re-counts) and Bristol come to mind

Last edited:
OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I'm hoping that the number of duplicates is very small, even insignificant. The alternative is extremely worrying

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
And all those students voting twice will feel doubly angry now Labour have dropped the idea of free student loans and clearing their debts. I thought students were meant to be bright. Duped and naive come to mind. A blatant vote catcher with zero intention of following it through.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Seems they may have trusted the word of a politician ha ha.. he he.. ho ho! ;)..:D..:eek:..:oops:..:rolleyes:..o_O..:geek:

- Just like all the others who trusted the "strong and stable" words of another politician!

It's all for the good of the country!

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Not a 'New' story. Apparently Students have been boasting about it on Social Media for some weeks.

These people seem to have overlooked, despite their 'enhanced' Education and employment opportunities, once completing their Courses, that they will be entering the Workplace having to 'disclose' a Conviction/Caution for an of Electoral Fraud offence.

Such rather lowers their 'employable' status.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The finger naturally points to the Corbynista's all those student types manipulating the system.

I like to think its the savvy greys trying to keep that nice Mrs May in.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
personally I'm not sure it matters WHO won or gets in power. theyre ALL out to look after themselves and their rich mates and screw the average person on the street doing PROPER work (as in hard manual graft, not an office job) for minimum wage.

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
It's not so much whether this had any impact on the election outcome that worries me it is more that there may be a generation of people that think its ok to manipulate an election by undemocratic and illegal means to get what they want.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
It's not so much whether this had any impact on the election outcome that worries me it is more that there may be a generation of people that think its ok to manipulate an election by undemocratic and illegal means to get what they want.
Speak to the DNC in Chicago. Been doing it since the 20s!

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

The power at any cost has become the fashion.

The eu will act in an unjust bullish way to prevent the other members seeing that they have a right to leave the club.
Cameron spends £9 million of our money to promote his cause.
The Tories, Cameron again, over spends in the previous general election to gain advantage and seats.
May gives £1 billion of our money to form a majority when the country didn't give her as she expected, and also puts the N.I. peace at risk in the process and that is disgusting.

I don't trust Labour to be any better.

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
First Rule of Politucs: Win the damn election.
Every other Rule is subordinate to the First Rule.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
First Rule of Politucs: Win the damn election.
Every other Rule is subordinate to the First Rule.

Lie, cheat, steal and anything goes as the dumb electorate have short memories. I get the principle.
In the long term though we are taught that morals are for the losers and to be selfish and corrupt is the example to follow. As the law of the jungle is now being practised the powers that be end up with little option in the control of the dumb electorate than to reduce their / our liberties and move toward something akin to a dictatorship.

Until there is more visible accountability of those that are abusing their positions the rest of us will have no respect and anarchy draws closer.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
It wouldn't happen so much if we had ID Cards....now there's a can of worms...
In my opinion students shouldn't be allowed to vote when they are only temporarily resident in an area. We potentially saw the result of that in the general election in a few places. It's not right where the long term residents have different views. I think the Police should be instructed to investigate fully and those found to be guilty fined the maximum of £5000 in every case. That will increase their student loans a bit more. The problem is, as voting is anonymous, whilst students can be identified there is no way of telling easily how they voted so their vote cannot be automatically removed in both areas. The only way to do it is to hold a local election where the duplicate vote number is higher than the majority.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The problem is, as voting is anonymous,

I'm not so sure.
When we enter the polling station our name is crossed off their register.
We are then given a voting slip with a serial number that is then matched to our name on the register.

That all sounds traceable to me.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom